Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my MDX, but I have noticed that the range is limited. Has anyone thought about a larger gas tank mod?? If so what has your research produced? I am very interested in any leads and what others have found.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gas Tank

I am a bit surprised about you feelings on the gas tank. I just got my MDX last Friday and on my first tank (mostly highway driving) it lasted about 350 miles without the gas light coming on.

I think that it depends on what you are comparing the range to. My old truck ('00 Xterra SE) cost just as much to fill with 87 octane gas as my MDX did with 93 octane. However, the range of the Xterra was only about 245 miles before the gas light came on. Personally, I am thrilled with the range of the vehicle. But I can see if your last car was a sedan with a huge tank that you may be disappointed with the range. I think it all depends on what your frame of reference is.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Ditto desire greater range

gregguy said:
I am a bit surprised about you feelings on the gas tank. I just got my MDX last Friday and on my first tank (mostly highway driving) it lasted about 350 miles without the gas light coming on.
Actually we can cruise over 400 miles (19 gallons @ 22 MPG); nevertheless I wish it were more. I would like a cruising range at least 450 miles. I always did think the MDX had a rather skimpy fuel tank for an SUV. A 23 to 25 gallon tank would be great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wished The X had a bigger fuel tank and that Acura would fix that very annoying slushing and thumping that the fuel tank makes.
(Characteristic = Bull****). :14:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Not every MDX is affected

ssMDX01 said:
I wished ... Acura would fix that very annoying slushing and thumping that the fuel tank makes.
Gas tank sloshing has never really been a problem in our car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gas Tank

I did notice that on my week-old MDX. The night I drove it home I noticed it when I stopped in our driveway which is on a slight hill. Nothing too loud, but it was definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
For the size of MDX, I think the larger gas tank is better. Larger tank does do me better while driving long distance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bigger is better... That's what the wife says anyways... lol

problem with the 'x, it's too new. you can replace/add/enlarge almost any Ford or GM truck in existence... Nothing for the 'X...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts