Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After days of "Where is my car?", it's finally home, safe and sound...

I received a call Nov 26 that my car would be in Dec 3 latest, most likely sooner. The car was on a train in Niagara Falls then. It was still in Niagara Falls on Saturday, Dec 1! Dealer still hoped it would arrive by Monday, the third.

Monday, December 3rd arrived and still no car! Tuesday morning I called and was told, "It's on the truck - we expect it today. We'll call when it shows up." Yet, no call came...

Wednesday. They called the trucker and were told "Guaranteed - it'll be delivered today". Nope.

Thursday morning on my way to work, I tried to find the trucking company - it was just in the next town, closer to me than my dealer, but no luck. (Am I obsessed, or what?) Then, at 9:30, I got a call that it had finally arrived. My MDX was the one thing on the truck, so they didn't want to move it until the truck was full! Argghh..

Anyway, I was finally able to pick up my car yesterday, and I'm so far so pleased with it! I love the ride, the styling, and the spaciousness. I am so happy!

It's Granite Grey-Green, Touring, with tailgate deflector, running boards, all season mats, burlwood shift knob, so far. Will be adding side mouldings, now that they're in, and possibly the wood steering wheel at the first check-up.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations to another GG owner!!!

I got the call Monday at 4 that it was coming off the truck and was on the road by 5 to pick it up! I was so excited I hyperventilated -- I wasn't expecting it to arrive until Friday, so it was a nice suprise.

We just installed the running boards, weathertech mats, and front air deflector last night and are awaiting the moldings from Tim. Then my car will be complete!

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha - Good question!

I keep referring to "her", but my husband calls "it" Burl (short for burlwood) which sounds male to me....

I'll have to find her a name before "Burl" sticks!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats MDXMom...

Seems you went thru the same delivery pains I did....
Guess we got cousins. My GG was delivered 12/4...
Was teased, by the dealer, for a week about the truck's
arrival...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats MDXMom!!

Looks like this is turning into a GG love fest.:D

I'm hoping you find a new name - quick - before you're stuck with burl.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on your new car.
My dealer did the same thing, I ordered two MDX's and they were made only a day apart (the VIN number say the same thing as the dealer, 328 and 306), yet the first one got onto a truck to Toronto the day after it was made, and it arrived on time. The problem was that the truck left just before the second one was finished. AND IT TOOK THEM THREE WEEKS TO FIND ANOTHER THRUCK TO SEND IT ON. I wouldn't pick both of them up at different times because of having to do all of the insurance at different times. I can't believ it took so long to get the second MDX.

"02 Mesa Biege MDX w/ trailer hitch, cargo net.

"02 Mahogany MDX w/ trailer hitch, cargo net.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats!

Another happy GG owner. Get yourself signed up for the Zaino group purchase - I've got 2 coats on mine and it looks fantastic! Don't forget to post pics when you can.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Congrats MDXmom - I know you will love your new ride!
GO for the wood wheel - I love it (have one in my RX to) THe wheel looks very nice with the burlwood shift knob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
texrb
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing