Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all of our MDXs are probably too new for this, but I recently replaced the stcok struts on my '99 TL with adjustable Koni struts and it is a major upgrade. The cost was about $350 more than just replacing with Acura struts.

I have mine set so that running around town is every bit as comfortable as new stock struts, but cornering and stability at high way speeds is remarkably better.

Might be the same when it comes time to repalce your MDX struts.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Curious...

Were your stock struts worn out, to the point they needed replacement, or did you decide to "replace early" as an upgrade?

Your TL is three years old, how many mile? What kind of driving? (smooth highway/potholed streets/hard cornering...)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost 4 years old

I bought one the first TLs in 1998. I have about 45K miles that are probably tougher than normal with lots of in-town and some dirt road driving.

My struts "worked fine", but did not feel like new. They got mushier. I tested the Konis out in-town, on mountain curvng roads and on dirt and they are better than new.

I use my car for uses some think require an SUV. Asl ong as I don't need the room, I prefer the lower operating costs and maneuverability of the sedan. I use good snow tires in the winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts