Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a bit earlier today but I think I put it in the wrong forum.

Nevertheless, if I may, I'll post again in the proper location - here in sounds & noises

I have a 2005 MDX bought used a few years ago. My BlueDriver code reader is telling me I need to replace the knock sensor. I can hear the pinging. I bought the part from O'Reilly's and checked a bunch of mostly useless YouTube videos. I have an idea where the sensor is -- my question is this: Can I access and replace the knock sensor from underneath the car? Has anyone ever done that? Is it more difficult than removing everything from the inside the bay (which scares the crap out of me)? I'm not experienced at all when it comes to this...funny thing is that I used to work on multimillion dollar semiconductor manufacturing tools no problem, but repairing a $5000 vehicle - far more difficult.

If anyone has a video on this would be most grateful if you could share. I watched as many as I can find on YouTube. For knock sensor replacement, there are next to no decent videos. Even a few decent photos would also be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I realize this is 3 weeks old. Usually never come to this area and stick to 1st Gen Forum. You might get more visibility and responses by posting in the forum for model specific years.

You have to remove the intake manifold to remove the knock sensor. Picture from a head gasket replacement shows the knock sensor under where the coolant pipe is located. Be sure to check the wiring and connector. The wires can be broken or for whatever reason, chewed up by rats/mice.

Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts