Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post. Am I crazy to consider a Highlander Limited over an MDX because I can get a used one with about 10,000km's for 25% off list through a friend at Toyota Leasing? Keep in mind that this Highlander was driven by a Toyota executive so assuming they drive conservatively. I love the MDX, but need to buy a house in a few years too. Any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I looked at the Highlander first, and still think it's a very nice vehicle. Very smooth, good power, if not quite as quick as the MDX. I didn't care for the shifter location, but that's nitpicking. And you wont have the 3rd row seat. Not sure how often you need one. If you can get a good deal why not ?
You could do a lot worse, and there is nothing that should stand in the way of buying the home you want, least of all a 'car'.
All in all it's a Toyota and that's not bad at all. Plus you will save somewhere around $15,000 (USD) over a new MDX, maybe more.
That's not chump change.
That's low miles, lots of warranty left...25% off sounds good!
What color is it? 4WD? tell us more about it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi buddyboy...

and welcome to the board. I basically agree with Dale. I too test drove a Highlander before the MDX. The Highlander is a very nice vehicle and consistently scores very high in most if not all industry ratings. Check out this month's Consumer Reports Magazine! The main reason I chose the MDX was pretty personal. To me, the Highlander drove and felt like a station wagon. It was a nice ride, mind you, but not the "feel" I was looking for. Once I slid into the MDX, and drove it down the road, I knew I found the car for me. Also I really wanted that 3rd seat. So, if you like the drive and feel of the Highlander, and can do without the 3rd seat, I'd say you'd make a wise decision in YOUR situation, to choose it over the MDX, especially given the good deal! Hope this helps.....:4:

lilypad

·
Registered
49 Posts
I Don't know much but what I do

know is that you should definately buy less of a car and more of a house whenever possible- that much should always be a no-brainer. In all honestly, I stopped reading your post after the "and I'll be buying a house soon" line- nuff said. Worry about your house and drive the least expensive car you can be reasonably happy with. If you are still alive, you'll thank me in ten years. :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Buy the Highlander for all the reasons posted by others...and if you don't like it, you can probably sell it for a profit :4:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate all your opinions! I have given some thought on your responses and me thinks I will be practical and buy the Highlander, but I will do that knowing the MDX is stilll the best all-around SUV...

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello buddyboy

i'm a british columbian as well, Victoria, I did one year of research before buying my MDX....tried durango, envoy, benz, qx4, BMW, pilot, explorer,..not jeep( cause it sounds like cheap!) and yes the highlander. I've read every professional review and road test and this fantastic forum up and down.......MDX kept coming out on top, but if there was no MDX the next in line was the highlander....so as our fellow MDXers have already said,go for the house and the highlander, I would if I was in your position, down the road there will be a lot more MDXs and with yearly improvements...just did #4 of Zaino...it works on highlanders as well ( run on sentences, not)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
rbuie said:
..just did #4 of Zaino...it works on highlanders as well ( run on sentences, not)
I hope this isn't sacrilege, but if you do Zaino on a Highlander and especially if it has one of those rich looking red or deep blue colors do post it on here.
I give Toyota a lot of credit for their full color range of some of the richest looking finishes. My biggest disappointment in the Acura line is their limited imagination when it comes to colors.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
rbuie said:
..just did #4 of Zaino...it works on highlanders as well ( run on sentences, not)
I hope this isn't sacrilege, but if you do Zaino on a Highlander and especially if it has one of those rich looking red or deep blue colors do post it on here.
I give Toyota a lot of credit for their full color range of some of the richest looking finishes. My biggest disappointment in the Acura line is their limited imagination when it comes to colors.
Oh, man! Vancouver Island, another great place to go MDX ing I bet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts