Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 MDX which developed a shifting problem about month ago that was so severe I couldn't put the car into Park. I took it to the dealer, and they had to order a part which took 3 weeks to come in.

My understand is that for 3 weeks, they couldn't take the key out of the ignition.

After installing the new part and getting the car back - the car wouldn't start the next day. I assumed the battery had just been totally drained and I didn't drive it long enough. So I got a jump, drove it for about an hour, got the terminals cleaned, etc. Next day, same thing, wouldn't start in the morning. I took the battery to AutoZone and had it tested. They said it was running on a lower voltage (10 vs. 12.5) and they fully charged but was only hold 88% capacity.

The battery is <3 years old.

My question is - is the dealer to blame for the battery problems (None of this happened before I left it with them). They didn't disconnect the battery the whole time and I'm wondering if leaving the key in for 3 weeks could have done permanent damage to the battery.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
Maulin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts