Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our MDX is in for the airbag recall and I got a 2016 AWD Tech as a loaner.
First impressions, way to distracting for the driver. I'm sure it gets better with familiarity.
Steering doesn't have enough feedback and seems disconnected.
I'll drive it more later to check it out better.

Question, with the keyless start, what happens if you switch drivers and they leave without the key? Does an warning go off so they don't end up somewhere and can't restart the car? :confused:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Our MDX is in for the airbag recall and I got a 2016 AWD Tech as a loaner.
First impressions, way to distracting for the driver. I'm sure it gets better with familiarity.
Steering doesn't have enough feedback and seems disconnected.
I'll drive it more later to check it out better.

Question, with the keyless start, what happens if you switch drivers and they leave without the key? Does an warning go off so they don't end up somewhere and can't restart the car? :confused:
Most cars sound an alert if the key is not around. I just checked. It beeps a few times. On the display in front of the driver it shows a graphic that says key not detected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if the key leaves the car (while running) the car will beep. example - when i walk around to the back/front of the car to open the doors for my kids.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it does the peep when you leave the car when engine is running or in accessory mode. I haven't tried to leave little far and wait to see if the engine shuts off after a period of time plus distance from the key fob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts