Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please respond as to whether the keyless entry devices for the 2003 MDX have a button that unlocks the rear cargo door? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
It unlocks when you click the unlock button twice.....just like the rest of the doors.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yeap, it unlocks all the doors, including the back one. However, there is no button that would open it, like there is one in sedans and some micro vans.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The place where the trunk button would be is plugged.

It would have been nice if they would have done a special design for the X with two buttons, both large. As it is, there is a large button to lock, but a much smaller one that is hard to feel to unlock. I find myself having to look. Maybe that will change.

·
Registered
180 Posts
pdempsey said:

It would have been nice if they would have done a special design for the X with two buttons, both large. As it is, there is a large button to lock, but a much smaller one that is hard to feel to unlock. I find myself having to look. Maybe that will change.
Marne came up with a solution in this post http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4346[/URL]

I found this very useful. I'm able to unlock the MDX even with the remote and keys still in my pocket.

·
Registered
293 Posts
if you search for MDX remote on ebay, there are some listed for auction, and these remote are different than the ones you received with your MDX. these auctioned remotes supposedly works for Acura CL, TL, RL, MDX, etc, and have 3 buttons; the 3rd button is for the trunk on the sedans. since you can unlock the trunk of your MDX with 2 clicks on the "unlock" button on the MDX remote, i suppose there is a way to program these other remotes to unlock the truck of the MDX with that 3rd button.

-henry

·
Registered
235 Posts
nice idea to a "design flaw"

amazent ,

that's a real nice and clean way of addressing a "design flaw", IMHO.

how could anyone design a remote with buttons that cannot be easily felt. i saw my friends remote to his CRV and they are designed so you can find the buttons easily by feel alone.

bizarre!

regards,
chris

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
henry_atwork said:
if you search for MDX remote on ebay, there are some listed for auction, and these remote are different than the ones you received with your MDX. these auctioned remotes supposedly works for Acura CL, TL, RL, MDX, etc, and have 3 buttons; the 3rd button is for the trunk on the sedans. since you can unlock the trunk of your MDX with 2 clicks on the "unlock" button on the MDX remote, i suppose there is a way to program these other remotes to unlock the truck of the MDX with that 3rd button.

-henry
Are 01, 02 and 03 MDX remotes all compatable? Many are listed on ebay as 01-02 and I have an 03.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
XStatic said:

Are 01, 02 and 03 MDX remotes all compatable? Many are listed on ebay as 01-02 and I have an 03.
Xstatic,
If the 01-02 remotes looks like Marnes, it should be compatible. I tried to re-program my 01 TL to use on my 03 X (and vice versa) but it was a no go. The 01 TL remote is different (and has much more resilient markings) than the 03 remote. The 01 remote looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
keyless entry

If you get a cl remote with the trunk button and open it take the button. with a little bit of moddin cut out the plastic that covers where the button would go no your mdx remote and place it on that remote. find your keyless entry control mudule and you would find the trunk wire on the sedans. connect your back door lock from the mdx to this wire and you would be able to use that thrid button to access the trunk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
...just wondering why some people need to look at the remote when they want to use it. The unlock button has a small pointy thingie on it (much like the [5] key on a computer keyboard). I don't see how you'll miss that (even with large fingers).

·
Registered
122 Posts
jat3 said:
...just wondering why some people need to look at the remote when they want to use it. The unlock button has a small pointy thingie on it (much like the [5] key on a computer keyboard). I don't see how you'll miss that (even with large fingers).
I've tried that and I still can't feel the knob. I've been meaning to get to the store to try the plastic bumper thing.

Anybody have luck buying a used remote off ebay? Seems to me they can be pretty cheap. Most of the auctions list the part number on the back. If the number is the same as yours, can't see why it shouldn't work.

Does anybody have the programming instructions or a link where to get them? I've searched the net but can't find it (autozone came up negative).

·
Registered
715 Posts
Here are the instructions I got with an Acura remote I bought from one of the org members:

Remote programming is very easy and the X will program up to 3 remotes
max. Have all the remotes together that you want to program.

1) put key in ignition, and turn ignition to ON

2) press any key on remote

3) turn key to OFF

4) turn key to ON

5) press any key on remote

6) turn key to OFF

7) turn key to ON

8) press any key on remote

9) turn key OFF

10) turn key ON

11) press any key on remote. You should hear the power locks clunk.

12) Within a few seconds, press one button on each of the additional
remotes. (So, once you program one remote, press the lock button on up to
two additional remotes. This ensures that all remotes are on the same
circuit. You have to do this within 10 seconds of step #11.)

That's it...

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's it? I thought you would have to take the remote apart and set some sort of series of miniature switches inside. (Like I once had to with my garage door opener.)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Technology and tiny chips ARE wonderful...but, a caveat, you'll have to let me know how it turns out because I haven't gotten around to programming my new remote yet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sort of like "you do it first and at least it's not mine when the remote only opens the garbage can next door and nothing else"?

Hehehe. If I get a third remote I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
pcgold,
That WILL work. In the process of trying to make my X remote work with my TL, I erased both of my X remotes!! I just re-did the manuever and I was able to get my remotes back!! Of course the remotes between an 03 X and an 01 TL are different enough that they are not compatible. Found that out the hard way!

Just remember to program ALL of your remotes. If you just program one, that is all that will work when you are done. If you have 3, make sure and program them all at the same time (the last step on the list). Good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts