Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2016 MDX Base AWD and was really annoyed with the tailgate beep being so loud. There is also no option to turn the volume down. Since it was so annoying to me i found the buzzer and covered part of it so it wouldn't be so loud...so far I'm very happy with the volume...Here's what I did just in case someone else is interested. This will also affect the volume of the keyless access beep. I know it can have some drawbacks but it works for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pictures are helpful but where is this found in the car?
The buzzer is located right in between the back bumper and the spare tire (right in the center) so if you lay down under the spare tire you will be able to see...you can pull the cable out then the buzzer no tools needed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I started this thread on Sept 12, 2013. Can the audible warning volume for the power tailgate be changed. I wrote this on July 14, 2014 and also posted pictures. Go there to see the pictures.

TJ79, thank you very much. Now people several soccer fields away won't hear the beeping.
Since mdxstang asked me in the past "where's the pictures", I took some during the process. Some newer owners may not have been in this area of the MDX.

I couldn't find any packing foam but I did have some self adhesive pipe wrap and a cable tie. Use whatever you have handy.

Lift up rear floor to expose the cargo area underneath. Sorry, pics are from different directions. Remove that liner to expose under it. Remove plastic plug and use jack tools to lower the spare, no need to take spare off the cable mechanism, slide spare on garage floor towards the front of the car to gain access to lay under car and look up as TJ79 mentioned. The module is attached using one of those push type pins into a hole in the frame so that I did not remove. I took one small piece (about 2" to 3") of the self adhesive pipe wrap and using a long nose pliers, set the wrap next to the pin and wrapped it around module about 3/4 around with my fingers. I took the other piece of wrap and wrapped from the other side and just overlapped the first piece. I pressed around to make sure all was adhered and compact and then I decided to put a cable tie around to keep the wrap from coming loose. I also left the bottom unobstructed to allow water to drain thru. Put everything back in place. Ten minutes later, done.

Now that beep is about 1/3 of the volume.
Again, thank you TJ79.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you - just picked up a used 2014... this is one of the things that I am going to take care of this weekend too... I appreciate the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts