Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 MDX

So the key was stuck in my ignition and I called the dealer and booked it in. The dealer told me $900 to replace the ignition. I asked if they would need the fobs and they said "no you get new ones, you don't need the old ones" I left the one key in the ignition and the second key on the seat in case.

After paying the bill they hand me back an original key fob with an ignition key on the key ring. Now I have one key for the ignition and the fob and key to get in the door. Plus no sign of the second key fob.

Is this the normal repair? From the conversations with the dealer I felt like I was getting 2 new fobs with a key - not adding an ignition key.

I could have done this repair myself, the only reason I took it in was to get an OEM fob with key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Customer service gets worse as the vehicle gets older, when my vehicle was new the customer service was much better than 14 years and 220,000 miles later!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
2007 MDX

So the key was stuck in my ignition and I called the dealer and booked it in. The dealer told me $900 to replace the ignition. I asked if they would need the fobs and they said "no you get new ones, you don't need the old ones" I left the one key in the ignition and the second key on the seat in case.

After paying the bill they hand me back an original key fob with an ignition key on the key ring. Now I have one key for the ignition and the fob and key to get in the door. Plus no sign of the second key fob.

Is this the normal repair? From the conversations with the dealer I felt like I was getting 2 new fobs with a key - not adding an ignition key.

I could have done this repair myself, the only reason I took it in was to get an OEM fob with key.
That is not a normal repair and could have been done properly. Locksmith could have easily repined the new lock for your old key. You should have gotten 2 new keys with the ignition and new door lock, glove box lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I feel as an older car they did not do the same repair that would be done on a 1 year old car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts