Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO MY CAR WAS RECENTLY STOLEN AND THE IGNITION NEEDED TO BE REPLACED I BOUGHT THE NEW IGNITION WITH THE CORESPONDING KEY BECAUSE MY KEY IS MISSING AS WELL . HOW COULD I PROGRAM THE KEY TO THE CAR SO IT WILL START IS THERE ANYTHING SPECIFIC THAT I HAVE TO DO OR WILL I NEED TO GO TO THE DEALERSHIP?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You will need an MVCI or HIM or another expensive scanner to program the key immobilizer chip to your ECU. You don't need to go to a dealer to do that, just search a local mechanic who does that, so you could save some money. Good luck! And please, do not use all caps. Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can find not bad reviews, functions of different devices on YouTube. I came here by accident after a month, when I had already reviewed a lot of pages on the Internet, bought VVDI Key Tool, X300DP and X6V8, and made keys for myself and my friends. After watching the review, listening and understanding became easier, and I can even criticize a little on the point. About the need to solder out in the absence of a mechanical ignition switch, you have directly generalized - many cars can beat the loss without such a procedure, although not all. I wrote myself a synopsis of the review, made only theses, the rest is cut out. I'll try to look, and drop you, maybe you will find useful information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts