Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a proud owner of my MDX for a month and three times now I have set off my panic alarm. I have done this by inadvertently depressing the button when fishing for the keys or carrying something in addition to my keys which makes me handle them awkwardly.

Anyone know how to turn this feature off?

·
Registered
763 Posts
BosMDX, you are the first person that I can remember on this forum who complained about inadvertanly activating"panic" alarm at all even once! You did it 3!!! times in 1 month. Wow!!! What do you carry in your pockets??? :)

Sorry, I cannot provide you with an answer but I would recommend you post this question in general folder - it would get more traffic there.
Good luck!
And tssss..... Be very-very quiet! I am hunting the rabbit! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vip9 I think your on to something. I do only set it off when I'm with the ladies.

Seriously I am going to have to be conscious of how I set it off when I do and try to get to the root of the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion on chages the thread location but I can't figure out how. Any guidance?

Good luck with the hunt.

·
Registered
763 Posts
BosMDX :D:D:D

There is a "Move thread" feature, but it may only be available to moderators - I am not sure.

Just start a new thread in General folder.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I moved it to General Discussions. No dupe threads puhleaze!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Panic attack phenom!!

Static discharges can actually trigger any of the buttons on the remote. This can be a real problem if the doors unlock without your knowledge.

Electrical charges build up as you walk around and especially when pocket fishing in a polyester coat pocket.

If you're constantly plagued by this phenomenon, you may want to consider placing the remote in a small anti-static bag.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For me, I have to hold down the panic for a few seconds before the alarm/horn goes off (or do I mean to say "on"?). Isn't this how everyone's "panic" button works or is it suppose to work instantaneously?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Yep, supposed to take a few seconds of holding before the alarm fires.

·
Registered
156 Posts
DaVinci,
If you unlock the door(s) with the remote and don't open any of the doors, the car relocks and rearms. I maybe wrong on the exact time, since I haven't timed it, but I believe it's about 30 seconds or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
proskunetes
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing