Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try and make this short:
Car was broken into by window punch of driver's side door window and driver's side passengers door window
Windows replaced by third-party company
Remote start not working.
Dealership for three days and 14 hours of investigation and determined that the DS passenger door latch was not locking correctly.
Latch replaced
Remote start now working...however NEW issue...tailgate rear button no longer works when the key is in the vehicle (this worked before without issue)
Key fob has to be near the rear tailgate...outside the vehicle..in order for the tailgate button to operate.

Disconnected car battery....replaced key fob battery...reconnect car battery...no change.

Remote start still not working...tailgate button works ONLY when fob is near the outside of the tailgate (fob tailgate and inside door tailgate buttons works).

PLEASE.....ANYONE HAVE ANY HELPFUL HINTS? The total cost has been $400.00 to the dealership to repair the door latch and remote start...only to have remote start no working again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
likely during all the work the car battery was disconnected for a while. so...... On the MID go to settings and check the settings for the rear tailgate. Don't recall all the settings, but how the tailgate opens, locks and unlocks can be set in the MID.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...thanks for the suggestion...tried all of the settings. The vehicle worked correctly and since the break-in, it has been acting odd.

·
Registered
2015 MDX
177 Posts
I’d go back to the dealer and say it’s still not fixed. Hopefully they won’t charge another diag fee. I’d suspect the window replacement shop inadvertently damaged some wiring in one of the doors.

Does the two way remote give a green light when locking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d go back to the dealer and say it’s still not fixed. Hopefully, they won’t charge another diag fee. I’d suspect the window replacement shop inadvertently damaged some wiring in one of the doors.

Does the two way remote give a green light when locking?
the door was taking apart and it was all working correctly. The key fob does NOT give a green light once locked which was what started all of the issues. I'm now wondering if the key fob is bad somehow.... EXTREMELY frustrating as I can't stand that the car doesn't work how it is supposed to.

·
Registered
414 Posts
the door was taking apart and it was all working correctly. The key fob does NOT give a green light once locked which was what started all of the issues. I'm now wondering if the key fob is bad somehow.... EXTREMELY frustrating as I can't stand that the car doesn't work how it is supposed to.
it could be the fob. But I'm going to put my money on something not reconnected or something damaged during the repair. so, the car controls don't think the car it locked with the fob, hence no green light. And if it doesn't think the car is locked remote start will NOT work. For the remote start to work the car electronics MUST believe the car is locked.

·
Registered
414 Posts
have you gone into settings and made sure that remote start is enabled? It is a function that can be enabled or disabled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts