Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering which OEM Key Fobs are compatible with a 2010 Acura MDX.

The car currently has a Fob with Flip Key. And I can not stand them. I want to get rid of that all together. And go to a separate Key Fob and Key.

Does anyone know if there a Key Fob that doesnt have a flip key that will work with my car.

And does anyone know the key fob programming process?

Thank you
Jason

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm not sure what other FOBs would work... But as an alternative couldn't you leave the FOB alone, and just get the key duplicated? Then you leave the FOB folded up and use the separate key, as desired?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what other FOBs would work... But as an alternative couldn't you leave the FOB alone, and just get the key duplicated? Then you leave the FOB folded up and use the separate key, as desired?
Ive thought about that. Its my last option. As the keys on the flip keys are no longer staying in, and ive already tried a rebuild using an ebay replacement, factory guts/key and new everything else. and it still doesnt fold nice.

I might just buy one of the newer ones and find out if it can be programmed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't see how having a fob and a key would be better than the folding key fob...I have it on my 2011 and it's no problem to me. My 02 has the fob with the key attached via a ring..I like the folding way better.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ive thought about that. Its my last option. As the keys on the flip keys are no longer staying in, and ive already tried a rebuild using an ebay replacement, factory guts/key and new everything else. and it still doesnt fold nice.

I might just buy one of the newer ones and find out if it can be programmed.
it can be programmed. find an automotive locksmith to cut the key/program for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts