Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
This is what I got on KBB for my B/B T+N in Texas.....(with only $485 bucks for my Nav system!), or about 88% of what I paid.

Incidentally, Money Magazine pegs the MDX to return 48% of MSRP after 5 years. Better than only 4 other cars out of about 450 evaluated. Not bad.

Engine: V6 3.5 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: 4 Wheel Drive
Mileage: 7,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Compact Disc
CD Changer/Stacker
Premium Sound
Navigation System
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Moon Roof
Roof Rack
Privacy Glass
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Trade-In Value $35,390
Trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this consumer owned vehicle. Keep in mind that the dealer must then absorb the cost of making the vehicle ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the vehicle for any mechanical or safety problems.

:mad:

· Registered
672 Posts
I just noticed that Edmunds.com finally has posted used MDX prices. I like their TMV concept for both new and used vehicles.

Here is what they say about Kelley Blue Book and how you should negotiate around KBB lowballs:

"Our advice is simple: If a salesperson whips out a copy of the dealer edition of the Kelley Blue Book and points to one of its retail prices, say to him or her: "It is nice to know the price that Kelley thinks dealers are asking for this car, but can you show me what dealers are actually selling this car for?"

And if the dealer says that Kelley doesn't publish those values, ask him to tell you the dealer retail Edmunds.com True Market Value® for the car. That TMV® price is the estimated average selling price for your car, and it's what you need to know to negotiate a fair price."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.