Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm missing a feature from my 2017 MDX Advance that my 2002 Suburban has. When I shut the engine off, the Suburban keeps the sound system active for up to 20 minutes or I open the door. Is there any way to get something like that on the MDX?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am following this thread, because I have thought the same thing on my 2016 Elite. My old Audi did this and it was great for finishing that song, or whatever. I would love to find a way to turn it on in the MDX.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm missing a feature from my 2017 MDX Advance that my 2002 Suburban has. When I shut the engine off, the Suburban keeps the sound system active for up to 20 minutes or I open the door. Is there any way to get something like that on the MDX?

Thanks,
David
once you're in P (park) and want to leave the radio on immediatly after killing the engine.

before killing the engine. you will have to press the brake pedal and press the Start|Stop button. this will allow the radio to stay on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
once you're in P (park) and want to leave the radio on immediatly after killing the engine.

before killing the engine. you will have to press the brake pedal and press the Start|Stop button. this will allow the radio to stay on.
Pressing the brake pedal then hitting the start/stop button doesn't work for me. I have a 2015 mdx so not sure if 2016 or 2017 is different. What I do is put the car in neutral, then shut the car off with foot on brake still, then you can shift to park.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unfortunately, that's the same thing I do on my 2016 MDX. Its annoying. Sometimes I forget to do that and have to turn on accessory mode by pressing the start/stop button again and waiting for the system to boot up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Pressing the brake pedal then hitting the start/stop button doesn't work for me. I have a 2015 mdx so not sure if 2016 or 2017 is different. What I do is put the car in neutral, then shut the car off with foot on brake still, then you can shift to park.
oops

i forgot about the pressing the shift lever. Put the car in P, press and hold the brake pedal while at the same time pressing the shift lever, and then press the Start|Stop button.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops

i forgot about the pressing the shift lever. Put the car in P, press and hold the brake pedal while at the same time pressing the shift lever, and then press the Start|Stop button.
Interesting. I wonder if there is an equivalent for the 2017 MY since it doesn't have a lever for shifting.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
In the manual, it's called CAR WASH MODE, which is probably why people have a hard time finding it.

I have no access to a 17 manual (Acura can't seem to ever fix that link, despite me telling them multiple times over social media and through ACR), but the 16 is on page 351 (under WHEN DRIVING - SHIFTING).

1> Hold the brake down
2> Select N
3> Push the Start/Stop button

It goes to ACC mode. Gear will remain in N for 15 minutes, at which time it'll change to P and shut off the power. Manually going to P also cancels the ACC mode and power turns off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's it! I tested it out and it works. Thanks @neoshi!

By the way, this can be found on page 378 of the 2017 manual:

If you want to keep the transmission in (N) position [car wash mode]
With the engine running:
  1. Press and hold the brake pedal.
  2. Select (N).
  3. Within five seconds, press the ENGINE START/STOP button.
The power mode changes to ACCESSORY.
  • This puts the vehicle in car wash mode which must be used when your vehicle is pulled through a conveyor type automatic car wash where you or an attendant do not remain in the vehicle.
  • The gear position remains in (N with the power mode in ACCESSORY for 15 minutes, then, it automatically changes to (P and the power mode changes to OFF.
Manually changing to (P cancels ACCESSORY mode. The (P indicator comes on and the power mode changes to OFF.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's too bad Acura made it so complicated. This feature on the Suburban is so simple my wife doesn't even have to think about it. It just works without doing anything - the accessories (including the entertainment system) don't turn off until the door is opened (or 20 minutes).

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Yeah it's a common thing for American engineered vehicles, but not so much Japanese lineage (albeit American manufactured).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts