Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I turn off ac the air flow setting resets to let air in thru the vents. I don't like it. Can I program it to retain the closed setting?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
You can use the shortcuts to program a setting you prefer with AC off, vents closed, fan on/off, certain temp, etc. That's about the only way. It will always auto revert to vents open with AC off and vents closed with AC on.

·
Registered
394 Posts
im just the opposite.

id like the vents to open in order to dry out the coils that have turned cold to provide cool air circulation in the cabin.

i do not like the musty smell that one might experience upon turning on the HVAC system, due to the vent not naturally being let dry.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Funny, My 2G TL does have that A/C with Circulation ON odor that smells funny after a while but my 2G MDX does not..
I can do all day with Circulation ON without having that odd smell come through, Perhaps is the active carbon filter I installed?

In any case we have a lot of smog here in SoCali so having the Circulation Off is not sensible.

·
Registered
503 Posts
^^^What, do you drive to an alpine meadow, air out the car and then drive to work? ;-) Within and hour I would have polluted the air to the point it would rank worse than Xingtai, Hebei province in China.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts