Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened upon this forum after recently purchasing a '03 MDX. I think this is a great site, and I look forward to corresponding with all of you.

Take Care,

Toper

·
Registered
671 Posts
Tell us more about your new X -- don't be shy, we'd love to see pics, too.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Welcome

Welcome, and congratulations. I look forward to reading your posts and viewing your pics!:4:

See you at the next Bay Area meet!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome and don't keep us in suspense "LET'S SEE THOSE PICS!. You will find this site extremely helpful.

Enjoy the ride both here and in your X!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Toper:

___Add my “Welcome to forum” to your list.

___Make sure you read about all the accessories many have installed and that you can purchase for your new X. Afterwards, take a look at Hondacuraworld. Tim who runs the parts purchases over there has some of the best prices on these great accessories available. Every X needs a little something to make it stand out from the crowd and there is not a better place I can think of to start.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hello Toper:

Glad you're here. You'll find these folks friendly & helpful. Look forward to hearing details about your X. ;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hey there. Welcome.This forum is great. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome!

Congrats! and get ur wallet ready..

call Tim, and spent some, do some search and spent some..

Buy digi cam and shot some..

come here and post some..

:1: :2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
You are home...

Welcome. You may not have realized it when you posted that 1st one but you and your X are home. If you do not consistenly and constantly check this site I will be surprised. Enjoy, and where were those pics?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you to everyone who replied and helped make me feel welcome.

Anyways, my MDX story goes like this:

I got out of the military about a year ago, and was looking to graduate from my little sports car to an SUV. I was all ready to get a 4runner, when my friend told me about the MDX. I've never seen or heard of one, but I went to the website and did my research and I was very impressed. The clincher was when I was driving down the street one day and a really nice black SUV caught my eye...it was an MDX (the first time I ever saw one)!

I called around and was disappointed to hear about the waiting lists and the markups going on in the SF Bay Area. I decided to wait for the 2003, which would also give me a chance to save up. I was finally ready to buy in December, but when I called around, the Black/Black, NAV/RES that I wanted could not be found, and I was faced with the prospect of waiting lists and deposits. The best I could hope for was February!

Then, through some blind luck/good timing, I talked to a salesman who said that they were getting one by the end of the week! I ran down there the next day to put a deposit down, and it actually got there that day. I looked it over (only 9miles!), test drove it, got great service, and ended up driving home in it. And the rest is history.

Anyways, attached is a pic of my sleeping beast, waiting for the sun to come out (been storming here in CA). I still can't believe it's sitting in my garage. Now I know how y'alls feel:) If anyone has any "newbie owner" tips I should know about, feel free to let me know. I'll talk to y'alls later.

Take Care,

Toper

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts