Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got fed up with an annoying rattle in my Pilot that could simply not be fixed by Honda. It's either the shocks, shock mount or something rattling around near the shock mount. I spent way too much time and energy on it, taking the car in many times.

Anyway, I had my eye on the MDX when I first bought the Pilot and in hindsight am somewhat sorry I didn't buy it. Although, it did allow me to get the 2003 instead of the 2002. It's not that much more money, relatively speaking, and you do get more for the extra money paid. I took a bit of a hit on the Pilot (about 13%).

Nevertheless, I am somewhat sad to see the Pilot go. I like its practicality, extra room and improved visibility.

The Pilot is no good looker. The MDX may look sportier but I can't say I love its looks that much either. It does have a smoother, sportier ride.

I'm hoping I made the right decision. I bought the gold emblem kit, running boards and rear deflector. Did not get the body side moulding but I'm thinking about it. People told me never to buy a black car but I find it the classiest color.

If Honda comes out with a fix for the Pilot before I take delivery of my new Black MDX in December or January, maybe I'll even cancel and stick with it.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Hey, welcome. Haven't checked the other board (yet) -- are you now Pilotless, or still driving it while you wait for the X?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer let me keep driving mine until the MDX comes in.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hope you enjoy the X, if you haven't gotten it alraedy. Ipersonally prefer the X over the Pilot. Just a classier vehicle all round. :2:
Would love to know what you final decision was.

2003 SS MDX

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hammer, I'm also in Toronto.

I haven't made the final decision yet but it is coming down to crunch time in January. That's when the MDX is supposed to come in.

I will let you know.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's great - a fellow Torontonian. :2: :7:

Well I hope that whatever choice you do make, that you take something away from this forum. :2:
Good Luck! :cool:

2003 SS MDX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts