Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I was originally looking for a 2008-2009, but ended up finding a 2010 that had everything I wanted. Mostly because it was the original owner with the service history from Acura including the full T-belt WP etc... Plus the condition, its by far the best price/value I have seen.

So there is no way to know if it will burn oil or not. The valve cover (inside) is clean, plus its clean on the stick and topped off. The owner says they don't have to add oil between changes and follows the maintenance minder. There is black soot on the inside of the exhaust pipes but no more than my RL or any other Honda product exhaust I have seen. The soot was dry and powdery (carbon), not oily/wet. The price/mileage was no worse than any 2008-9 I have seen. So I am trading the risk of an oil burner for the following benefits of the newer model:

Better Modern Styling (completely subjective)
Better Gear ratios / 6 speed with paddle shift
More power or better power band
Better Nav screen (if that matters)

Maybe some other things I am unaware of.

Only time will tell if the risk pays off. I will be sure to post up my oil change and usage results. Cheers

·
Registered
695 Posts
Good luck..enjoy...

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I also like the tech upgrades with the +10 like:
- USB port in center console for smartphone or USB flashdrive for music
- Hard drive based navi for faster start ups
- Hard drive to rip CDs
- Bluetooth audio
- Bluetooth uploads of phone book data
- XM weather and traffic
- you can use destination phone number to set navi addresses or input zip to narrow down city for much fast inputs
- you can sync phones and make phone calls with out having to know any voice commands, do it all with navi screen knob

I would also check to see if the 10 MDX had the 6AT reflash. It became standard by the 2012 version. I like the reflash because it helped improved shifting and a slight bump in my hwy mpgs also.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I think it was a TSB? My service department manager told me about it when I took my 11 MDX in for a "check charging system" yellow light that also needed a firmware update to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts