Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I was familiar with the MDX model since my boyfriend had a '12. He was the 2nd owner, and was a Canadian model. But his had some concerning problems, but still was a great vehicle. His had the excessive oil consumption, would like surge when at 45-50 mph , then around 120,000 miles the backup camera lens started having problems, the the ac died (heat too once it was cold enough to need it). He passed from cancer soon after these problems and family decided to sell the car.

I did my research and had a difficult time finding an older (2011/12) MDX SH_AWD with little to no rust/road rash, good seat leather, lower miles, 2 key fobs w/ Valet key, one owner, NO accidents, clean carfax and the Elite or Advance model with tow package (basically loaded w/ every option). I purchased a 2011 MDX SH-AWD Elite in Black Pearl with tow package, roof rails and running boards, add-on remote starter very nice condition - everything I wanted . I purchased an extended warranty for my car knowing how costly things can be to repair. Everything looked good and ran exceptional, but never tired the comfort button or the power outlets. Those were the problems. Neither power outlet nor 115v in center console work and I am hoping its just a blown fuse. My concern is the ADS. When you push the button down there is no light in the switch or on the MID. I have very bad back problems and this was one feature I was wanting to use. I have posted to the forum about this and one user suggested the shocks were replaced with regular ones. Once things warm up I will go out and check the fuse panel. I will also give the dealership a call about the ADS. Other than that the MDX runs beautifully. My first maintenance job was to put on a good set of Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires, then I will replace the cabin pollen filter and the engine air filter. Windshield wipers are good but will replace in the spring when good summer tires go on. I plan on buying OEM rims for them and have 2 sets of tires so I can switch them out myself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts