Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just placed a new order for MDX as I wanted. I use Cartelligent service. Some time ago I asked if you guys had any experience with them and no one replied, so looks like I'm going to be the first one here. I called them on Tuesday and they said it's going to take 1-2 weeks to find a vihicle. Today I received a call from them - They found it. Actually I was a bit surprised :confused: The second thing is they found the car for a good price - MSRP (this is a good price for 'X, right?)

so my new car should be delivered some time next week and I'm looking forward to get it. I will let you know how it goes.

also they mentioned that it comes with onStar installed, which I don't beleave is true... did any of you heard of this option? I know 2003 models come with it, but I didn't know about 2002.

keep my fingers crossed :4:

any comments? please :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I hope this is not a sign of things to come from cartelligent, but I just got an '02 and OnStar is NOT an option - besides Acura already offers their own 'roadside assistance' (hold your comments) for 4yrs/50k miles. Of course the dealer tried to sell me on LoJack, Scothguard & extended warranty so if OnStar was remotely possible, I would have gotten the pitch.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Thanks for the link!

I like reading this kind of stuff:

TIGHT, CONSISTENT PANEL GAPS
To minimize construction tolerances, MDX's doors are attached to the car by rigid bolts that pass through zero-clearance hinge holes. Doors are made of high-strength galvanized steel for dent resistance. Front mudguards are provided to deflect rocks and debris and rear mudguards are available as dealer-installed accessories. Lower door surfaces are painted with a soft primer that's especially resistant to stone chips. Seals that extend from the lower edges of the doors to the sill area block the build up of dirt and debris that would otherwise soil clothes legs during entry and exit from the vehicle.

Panel gaps are consistently tighter than comparable dimensions seen in competitive makes. For example, MDX's hood-to-headlamp gap is less than a third of what's common in the Mercedes ML320 and less than half the width of the Lexus RX300's gap. Most MDX gaps are between 0.12- and 0.18-inch compared to 0.18- to 0.3-inch in the Lexus and 0.2- to 0.37-inch in the Mercedes. To permit a tighter fit between rear quarter window and the adjacent quarter panel, a beveled edge is used on the glass.

Seals and covers are positioned in door jams and sill areas to mask assembly welds. In the liftgate opening, the trim has a clean appearance that's not marred by the visible bumper clips used by some competitors. All interior trim is retained with hidden fasteners. Front and rear wipers are smooth, single-piece designs for a clean look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts