Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Just picked up my new MDX!!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Pauls MDX 
#1 ·
Silver/black touring...got the acura care ext'd warranty for 1400.00(6/100K)...also got cargotray,mudflaps and wheel locks for 199.00(bargain really)...already have my 7000K HID kit and will prob. install it tomorrow...how much does the windshiled deflector cost?...need one of those...car drives really smooth and handles well...visibility so much better than jeep grand cherokee i had but the jeeps V8 feels abit more powerful than the MDX despite less HP...also considering the sidesteps from Tim but im not sure if i would actually use them, but they do look nice.

#2 ·
Congrats !!

Welcome aboard. You're gonna love it! Sounds like a nice package. The side steps look nice BUT a lot of people complain about getting mud on their legs. I think mostly useful if you have small ones that have trouble getting in.
If it's not too nosey - what did the warranty cost you. I'm interested because I didn't get one but want to now!
Meep Meep
PS - Did I mention ROAD TRIP!! :2:

#3 ·
Road, as stated above, i got the 6/100K warranty for 1400.00...they wanted 1700.00 but after i faked like i knew what i was talking about, i talked them down to 1400.00...:)...anybody know what a good price for the wind deflector is???...1400.00 is the lowest ive heard for acuracare warranty...i didnt need the 7/100K.

#4 ·
front hood deflector or rear window defletor?
The front hood deflector can be obtained here www.hondacuraworld.com is $95 and is made by FormFit. You will not find a better one (or a better source!). The Acura deflector is an eyesore, and noisy too!
The rear window deflector is there too, but painted is more money. Ebay runs ads on a painted rear window deflector, if you want to go that route.
And of course there are moonroof deflectors. Enjoy your stay here, it's a great forum for a great vehicle!

#7 ·
It has been discontinued - I had to search extensively to find this one & I got lucky because this one fell out of deposit (the guy who had ordered this one decided to take a Havasu Blue that they also had instead :) )
It should be here in about 1 week (hopefully)...because it's being shipped from out-of-state.

#8 ·
Reply to SonShine:

You sure did get lucky, after reading this board it appears that GG is in great demand. Can't understand why anyone would cancel GG for Havasue Blue? Guess it's just a matter of taste.

Is your GG being shipped from another dealer or the factory in Ontario? Just got a call a few days ago from my salesman and he said mine was built on 5-21 and they would do everything they could to get it to me on or before the last day of this month so they could make their May numbers. From reading about others experiences it seems like it should take longer than that.

#9 ·
It's coming from a dealer. He had just received it so the timing was just right. I had to contact 30-40 dealers total in 5-6 states to find it...

I guess it was the guy's wife who decided she wanted the Havasu. Maybe I should send her a thank-you card :p

#10 ·
SonShine said:
[BI
I guess it was the guy's wife who decided she wanted the Havasu. Maybe I should send her a thank-you card :p [/B]
I'd send her some flowers.

I wonder if she actually saw the color on the MDX before she changed her mind? The GG color wasn't very impressive to me just looking at the color chip but when I actually saw it on the X it looks sharp.

#11 ·
mact3333 said:
Silver/black touring...got the acura care ext'd warranty for 1400.00(6/100K)...also got cargotray,mudflaps and wheel locks for 199.00(bargain really)...already have my 7000K HID kit and will prob. install it tomorrow...how much does the windshiled deflector cost?...need one of those...car drives really smooth and handles well...visibility so much better than jeep grand cherokee i had but the jeeps V8 feels abit more powerful than the MDX despite less HP...also considering the sidesteps from Tim but im not sure if i would actually use them, but they do look nice.
Congratulations and best of luck!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.