Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching this car for months and finally pulled the trigger. My dealer happened to just get in a granite green when I called him. I asked that they keep all the plastic on until I saw it. Bought it then and there while they put on black side steps. Paid MSRP plus destination.

Are there any new car tips out there??? The car now has 26 miles and is sitting in my garage as I drove my Audi to work.

I am very happy to be a member of this site. Thanks for any and all replys.

PS. I will post a pic this weekend!!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Any new car tips? How much reading time do you have on your hands? This site is full of tips, anecdotes, sympathetic ears, etc. browse and enjoy!:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
But now you face a delimma ...

... do you sit at the computer and browse this great site:D

... or do you sit behind the wheel and drive the X:cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome OceanSun
I did the same thing. I researched till my brain was smoking and also decided on the MDX. Soooo HAPPY . This is by far the most enjoyable vehical I have ever owned. Spent last saturday detail waxing. You know inside door posts etc.
My advise, take the time and protect that finish while its perfect.
Harry:confused:

·
Registered
285 Posts
protect your side panels against dings

first, congrat!!!!

then, the serious stuff...

we picked up ours last week, and yesterday got our first ding/dent on the front driverside door panel!!!!!

we have BSM on, but that only protects against sedan's doors... the dent we got aparently was the result of a door from a SUV, it lines up alongside the door handle (maybe a couple of inches lower)....

so my advise: if you have BSM, then try to park your MDX between two sedans, NEVER park it alongside SUVs!!!

good luck...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome and Congrats OceanSun!

You got the last of a great color for the MDX...

OK, tips--my first one for you is to enjoy the truck! She's a beauty...otherwise:

*make sure you're careful of break-in procedures (safest bet is follow the manual, which I'm sure you're doing anyway)
*Read through the Knowledge Base and keep an eye and ear out for any potential symptoms of problems you see there. Don't be hypochondriacal, but just be alert...
*use this site! More than a resource, it's a bunch of cool people you can get to know and harass (see below)!
*Heard of Zaino? (that one's for you Worm and Octavian)

But again--don't forget to enjoy...

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm brand new to this site also. This is my first msg to the org concerning my mdx. Yes, I'm with a three letter government agency....but it ain't the FB1. We're still waiting on delivery - last week in May. In the mean time, I've bought new parts from Tim and they anxiously await installation. Perhaps I can read the installation instructions BEFORE I put the parts on.;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
welcome OceanSun, shocker, and possibly mdxgator.

congrats on your new 'X. u will soon realize that u couldn't have bought a better suv at any price!!

good timing too, you can break in the new suv on the 1st ANNUAL MDX MEET!!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts