Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plugs right into the cd changer port on the back of the factory headunit (can be used with or without factory cd changer), two rca cables come out of it (left and right audio), plug in your source, hit the cd button twice to get the changer mode and you're done. No more RF MODULATORS! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. All this is is a plug that goes into your FACTORY radio (in the back of it). It plugs INTO the cd changer port on the back, that's it. If you have the factory EXTERNAL cdchanger, it will work also, that's all i meant :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
[email protected]: This is a stretch...but I have the Bose system. Is there a way to get this to work with it...as the bose already has a built in 6 disk changer

:mad:

I rather use RCA inputs rather than a cassette adapter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, your unit controls an external cd changer also. This plugs right into the back of your unit. Dan's MDX is the in dash 6 dish changer and this is what I just installed it on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
OEM Bose

Remember, Bose makes Speakers and Acoustic processing equipment. The drivers (what most people call speakers) may or may not be made by Bose, but are either designed to, or selected to, their specifications.

Most of the components and subsystems of all cars are built by OEMs. Many are also designed by the OEM.
Depending on the particular automotive brand, the system may or may not be branded by the OEM. Alpine, Bosch/Blaupluk, Clarion, Harmon, all do this work. Some even have more than one retail brand for their own use, as well as the same or different "nameplate" brands for OEM use.

MB is very brand sensitive. Up to recently you would find no non-MB branded content in an MB vehical (Tire excepted, seems it is historical for tire companies to always use their own brand).

There are two electonic systems in current MBs that are Manufacturer branded. The Bose is one, I work for the other.
My previous position was in the Automotive OEM group in product marketing and planning.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Plugs right into the cd changer port on the back of the factory headunit (can be used with or without factory cd changer), two rca cables come out of it (left and right audio), plug in your source, hit the cd button twice to get the changer mode and you're done. No more RF MODULATORS! :)

Okay I'll be first to bite. where did you get it???

·
Registered
24 Posts
[email protected]: hmmm...I thought MDXTROUS had the Premium model MDX...which doesn't have the in dash 6-disc changer.

If this adapter does indeed work with the models with the in-dash 6 disc changer that comes in the Touring Model MDX... How much and where?

Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
I need this thing!!! Where can I get one?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi [email protected]:

___Pic’s and a small schematic of the harness would help for the DIY’s …

___Thanks

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I was going to wait a bit to post some pics on this since I'm going back one last time to Streeteffectz this Saturday for some finishing touches to really "complete" the install.

But the sound is pretty amazing, partly because Ron also put in new Infinity 652i s but also because, there is no more static cut-in from the RF modulator. Previously, if left in Pause, or if I was at the Menu screen, if there was an FM station available it would cut in.

The best thing though is the convenience of hitting the CD button twice for video sound.

I have the Base, but I'm assuming that the Touring radio also has an external CD-changer input, despite having the in-dash CD-chagner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi MDXTROUS,

Where is streeteffectz located? I'm in NYC, and was wondering if I can drop by to see your video setup in person. Maybe I can meet you when you go there next.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Doofy said:
Hi MDXTROUS,

Where is streeteffectz located? I'm in NYC, and was wondering if I can drop by to see your video setup in person. Maybe I can meet you when you go there next.
Streeteffectz is in Rahway, NJ. I'm going there this Saturday morning.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't want to sound to skeptical but I don't think the Touring head unit will control a external CD changer. That is why no CD changer is offered for the touring. And therefore an aux input will not be capable via this method. But I could be wrong. I would definitely like an Aux input that does not use any FM modulation. Show us if it works!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Connecting an iPod

Any ideas on how to connect my iPod "cleanly" to the audio system of the 2003 MDX? The current system I use in my '92 Legend (audio in via a long cable connected to a cassette converter) is too ugly to continue to use in my new vehicle. The FM transmitters are not great, I understand. I need a way to plug in an auxillary sound source to the car amplifier. Surely some of you brilliant folks, with a fine taste for cars, also have fine taste in computers and MP3 players. Thanks.
Jon

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: Connecting an iPod

Jonathan Kern said:
Any ideas on how to connect my iPod "cleanly" to the audio system of the 2003 MDX? The current system I use in my '92 Legend (audio in via a long cable connected to a cassette converter) is too ugly to continue to use in my new vehicle. The FM transmitters are not great, I understand. I need a way to plug in an auxillary sound source to the car amplifier. Surely some of you brilliant folks, with a fine taste for cars, also have fine taste in computers and MP3 players. Thanks.
Jon
That was also my concern. The FM modulator is not a really good solution, and the cassette adapter does not look the most sophisticated.

Which 2003 do you have? My guess is, if it's the base model, the plug solution will work, where the input will go to the external cd-changer controller. From what others are saying about the Touring Bose, it doesn't look like it has the option for external CD-changer.

Also, just to clarify, I do have the Base, but I do not have a external cd changer. That's the whole point of the plug, it's to trick the radio in thinking there is a cd-changer when it's actually RCA inputs from an external audio source.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts