Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Aux RCA adapter. The installation was easy, I used these instructrions from one of Worm's threads to remove the trim around the radio.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=24057#post24057

Once you remove the trim there are six screws holding the radio in place. I used velco to hold the Blitzsafe adapter in place.

The Adapter sounds great when playing my Creative Labs 20 Gig Jukebox 3, MP3 player. I compared the sound to the Sony cassette adapter I was using. The sound from the cassette adapter was a little bit louder the Blitzsafe.

For those who are using FM modulators, this device works great.

MDXtrous, thanks for getting this group buy started.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what the adapter looks like.

No that's not a stain on my seat, some type of reflection from the camera. I didn't realize it was in the picture until I downloaded the images from my camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the connector behind the radio, the blitzsafe goes to the right of the connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is where I mounted using velco to hold it in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is where the I have the RCA connectors exiting under the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another shot, I plan on running the cable under the edge of the center console when I finish the installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
When was this group buy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks Great

Well done papa....

Please post pics when you have run the wires to their final resting place. I'd love to get my new ipod hooked up like this....

Thanks

·
3,109 Posts
Will this work with 2003's also? (i.e. no external changer, in-dash 6 CD changer version). How do you select to listen to the AUX device, does the system have an AUX input selector? It would be great if I could plugin my Archos Jukebox 20GB MP3 player.

·
Registered
218 Posts
CD Changer + Portable DVD Player

If one does not have the Bose 6-disc CD changer but installed an Alpine CHA-S634 and uses a Toshiba SD-P2000 Portable DVD Player, can this adapter still be used to hook up both devices?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got mine from the groupbuy. One of the easiest and well organized groupbuy participation I've ever been in. Installed in 20 minutes (including hiding wires). Hooked it up to my Neo Car Jukebox mp3 player. Works great. :1:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zafer

I'm not sure if it will work in the 2003 MDX. To listen to the adapter all I do is press the CD button twice and that's it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got mine thru the group buy.. I was told that it will work for my 2003 MDX Base.

My Alpine CH-S634 is on the way which I bought from eBay.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am interested in buying this BlitzSafe device. Their web site has two choices.. one is the ACURA /ALP DMXV.1D (dual interface for CD and aux, part no. The other one is Single Aux interface.

Which one is the group buy's choice?

A definite part number will be appreciated..

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought a BlitzSafe from Ron and got it today (as an individual buy.) I was able to remove the panel using the instructions in this forum. (Thanks to all the help!) but I got stuck on removing the three cables. The top cable, which is AC, was no problem. I disconnect it right away. I was not sure where to disconnect the hazard light cable and the interier light switch. The connections were so tight and I was not sure where exactly I was supposed to pull, afraid of breaking it.

Anybody could show a close-up picture or show me the exact edge and tip on how to safely do this - where I should force the pull out?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
RedMdxMemphis said:
I bought a BlitzSafe from Ron and got it today (as an individual buy.) I was able to remove the panel using the instructions in this forum. (Thanks to all the help!) but I got stuck on removing the three cables. The top cable, which is AC, was no problem. I disconnect it right away. I was not sure where to disconnect the hazard light cable and the interier light switch. The connections were so tight and I was not sure where exactly I was supposed to pull, afraid of breaking it.

Anybody could show a close-up picture or show me the exact edge and tip on how to safely do this - where I should force the pull out?

Thanks in advance.
Those should have a tab where you need to depress in order to pull the plug out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts