Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 03 after a 4 month wait. Came a few weeks late but was satisfied overall. I have had a 86 Accord, 95 Integra, 98 3.2 TL, and currently own an 01 CL type S and now the 03 MDX Black/Ebony-base model. Passed up the touring because most of the stuff(BOSE, power passenger seat,tilt mirror, memory seats/mirrors) are in my 01 CLS-not worth the xtra $2500-IMHO.

Was hard to decide between new Volvo XC90 - liked the Volvo looks a bit better but 5 cyl not enough power and 6 cyl about 5-6 thousands more. I am happy.

In case anyone is interested- Had choice of buying MSRP w/ 3.49% acura financing- 60 months $655 per month payment-taxes upfront or 48 month lease $0 down, $550 bank fee and taxes upfront, .00205(4.92% APR) money factor for a $440.80 monthly payment.

For someone who general pays clse to invoice for his cars including Acura, Nissan, Toyota,Mazda -it was a hard pill to swallow-but I'm happy- It still is lower than other comparable models.

If anyone wants todiscuss-feel free to reply

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome steve levenson and congratulations on your new ride. IMHO you picked the best color. Post pics, enjoy the forum and be safe.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Welcome and congratulations steve levenson. I look forward to viewing your pics.

·
Registered
209 Posts
happy days...

just heard from hopkins acura that my 03 SBP, NAV, Touring, RES, blah, blah, arrived at the dealer today. i will pick it up next monday and begin the drive back to houston tuesday.

as a special added bonus, i get to drive my '98 NSX one last time to deliver it to the gentleman who bought it and had it shipped out to calif.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: happy days...

Number 6 said:
just heard from hopkins acura that my 03 SBP, NAV, Touring, RES, blah, blah, arrived at the dealer today. i will pick it up next monday and begin the drive back to houston tuesday.

as a special added bonus, i get to drive my '98 NSX one last time to deliver it to the gentleman who bought it and had it shipped out to calif.
Whoh, big change from an NSX to an MDX. You will like the MDX however I am sure you will miss your NSX dearly. I had a BMW and traded in for the MDX and I miss the BMW alot except when it snows.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Re: happy days...

kishino said:

Whoh, big change from an NSX to an MDX. You will like the MDX however I am sure you will miss your NSX dearly. I had a BMW and traded in for the MDX and I miss the BMW alot except when it snows.:)
fortunately, the wife and i agree we'll be seeing another NSX in the next 3-4 years. although we are both suffering withdrawal right now... :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Welcome Steve! Congrats on your new X. We look forward to your posts & pix!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my first mistake-just 24 hrs. old

This is Steve Levenson responding to my own post and to anyone else who reads it-

Although I've owned or leased several Hondas and Acuras, I was not aware of the black antenna on/near roof. Took my MDX to a drive thru car wash after a ride in the snow(NY-2-3inches) to keep it shining for at least a few more days and...........you guessed it......... the drying machine(with it's tire-like thing that glides across the roof)snapped it right off. Didn't realize it right away -but driving it on day 2- couldn't get reception on the radio, thought back to what I did over the last 24 hrs., thought about the car wash, went back and there it was on the ground. My BAD!! Should have asked about it at the delivery.

Why am I writing? Well, with all the nice people awaiting deliveries of their MDXs, thought it might save someone making this same mistake. Also is the antenna fixed or does it screw off?

Anyway thanks for the replies.---Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK... That thing should not break that easily!

I have a similar antenna in the same location on my ML430, and the car wash we use has the same dryer hanging down with the rubber rollers in case the air pressure is not enough to keep it away from the vehicle...

Many car washes are like this...

Was it extremely cold out at the time? And are you sure this is how it broke? I have a hard time believing that such a vulnerable, and expensive piece of the car could really be this fragile. This would be considered a serious design flaw... And I am concerned that this could happen to me when I get mine.

Can you give more information on this, and what you intend to do about it?

I would also like to hear from others, on the same subject, if anyone else has had their antenna break off.

Thanks,
-Dana

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: my first mistake-just 24 hrs. old

steve levenson said:
Took my MDX to a drive thru car wash after a ride in the snow(NY-2-3inches) to keep it shining for at least a few more days and...........you guessed it......... the drying machine(with it's tire-like thing that glides across the roof)snapped it right off
Hey steve levenson, where exactly is this car wash place?

·
Registered
836 Posts
New Black/Black

Hey Steve! Congrats on the new ride. If we pass each other, we'll look like twins! Just got my 03 black/black MDX Touring edition (hence the Blackura handle here) yesterday. I do some Westchester miles in my usual travels. I also drove through my first car wash today (hey, it was an emergency!) and thought about the antenna when I was halfway through. Fortunately, it's still there. I think they screw off easily, so next time I'll reach up and twist it off before I go through. When the Poughkeepsie temp is over the freezing mark (actually when it's over the 65 degree mark up here in a few months) I'll go for the Zaino clay bar and some Z2 instead of the automatic car wash. Good luck with your new ride Steve!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sorry to hear about your boo-boo, Steve. We've been thru our best auto car wash and had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with the antenna! It has the same type of dryer you encountered. Hopefully it will be a quick fix. Let us know how it goes.:4:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Blackura,
I love your name. Wish I had thought of it.
Hey Steve don't forget to answer my previous question.
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: happy days...

Number 6 said:
Is there any truth to the rumor that Rob is the gentleman that purchased your NSX?;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Re: happy days...

spain said:
Is there any truth to the rumor that Rob is the gentleman that purchased your NSX?;)
who let the cat out of the bag??? he admitted to me in private that he loves the NSX and is jealous of those who drive them and that he had a deep-seated inferiority complex and that his mommy didn't nurse him and his daddy alternately beat him and ignored him and that girls won't talk to him because he has this embarassing rash over most of his body and that he's sexualy dysfunctional and he just knows it would all get better if he could drive a real, high-technology japanese car.

no, really... he told me that.... :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Antenna

For the safe side. It is always better to remove the antenna before do the car wash (touchless machine). I do notice that my dealer always remove MDXs' antenna before they send it thru the car wash machine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: Antenna

JTM said:
For the safe side. It is always better to remove the antenna before do the car wash (touchless machine). I do notice that my dealer always remove MDXs' antenna before they send it thru the car wash machine.
Please tell me how to remove the antenna. Is it easy to put it back again ? Thanks:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts