Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and test drove one today and loved it. Was doing some research online and found this site a few days ago, was narrowing it down between the MDX and RX300.

The test drive and seeing the vehicle went so well I decided the MDX was for me.
I was only going to look today, however the dealer was willing to negotiate, which surprised me from what I have read of the market.
They had four units on the lot, three already pre-sold. The last was a silver, touring, with Nav.

Well after four hours of negotiations I was able to close with about 1100 under MRSP and a free cargo net. Also this dealer, Gilman Acura in Houston, did not force any weird fees or other accessories down my throat.

I am taking delivery tomorrow. What other accessories do I need at the min?
:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
arrow said:
Went and test drove one today and loved it. Was doing some research online and found this site a few days ago, was narrowing it down between the MDX and RX300.

The test drive and seeing the vehicle went so well I decided the MDX was for me.
I was only going to look today, however the dealer was willing to negotiate, which surprised me from what I have read of the market.
They had four units on the lot, three already pre-sold. The last was a silver, touring, with Nav.

Well after four hours of negotiations I was able to close with about 1100 under MRSP and a free cargo net. Also this dealer, Gilman Acura in Houston, did not force any weird fees or other accessories down my throat.

Excellent deal, the dealers are starting to get better as we are getting closer to the release of the Pilot!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
That is the best deal I've heard for the MDX. You basically paid $1500 more for the Touring/Navi than I did for the Base. Wow!! Congratulations:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
arrow said:

that 4-hour-time should be considered well-spent.... haven't heard anyone getting over 1k under msrp.... good job....

as long as accessories' concern, you might (MIGHT) want to consider body side molding, which might prevent dings on the door panels, also moon roof visor helps decrease noise level (a lot) when the moon roof's open... a lot of us got rear mud guards (help keep the rear bumper clean).... cargo tray/net/cover is a good combo also...

you can get all those from tim's hondaacuraworld.com, will save you a lot and they are very easy to install....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome..

I will look at those assc. Yea, they where pretty proud of them at the acura dealer, told me the Cargo net they where throwing into the deal was worth $395.00, I look at hondaacuraworld.com and its a lot lower than that. I smell high margin on those add ons. Do the extra wood stuff like the shifter nob and other add a lot to the interior? They are not too expense on hondaacuraworld.com.

:2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: Awsome..

arrow said:
I will look at those assc. Yea, they where pretty proud of them at the acura dealer, told me the Cargo net they where throwing into the deal was worth $395.00, I look at hondaacuraworld.com and its a lot lower than that. I smell high margin on those add ons. Do the extra wood stuff like the shifter nob and other add a lot to the interior? They are not too expense on hondaacuraworld.com.

Take a look at this thread for the wood add-ons:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=567

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Awsome..

arrow said:
Do the extra wood stuff like the shifter nob and other add a lot to the interior? They are not too expense on hondaacuraworld.com.

we were at one time so adamant that we would like to replace the black leather-wrapped shiftknob with the burlwood one, thinking that the black leather one won't match up the tan interior... well, since the dealer wouldn't throw that in for free, we got to drive out with the leather wrapped one.... and a couple of days later, we felt that it was ok... and we still haven't replaced it yet with the wood shift knob, and probably won't ever....

the woodtrimmed dash board and other stuffs are of personal taste, someone found them add a lot to the interior, giving you an upgraded feel, others (me included) just don't care much about the wooded interior.... you can always add them later, it's a simple stick-on process as far as the installation's concern.... just dont' buy them from the dealer....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts