Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED HELP!!! WHEN I DROVE THE SUV HOME NO PROBLEM but previous owner said something was wrong with a/c I bought freon added it blows cold are fine but my battery light came on lights start getting weak etc turned car off then turned back on wouldn't start got clicking noise got jump hit the rpms battery light went out turned car off tried to turn back on clicking noise again any ideas what it could be battery is at auto zone getting charged guy said not dead but wasn't reading up to 12 HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sounds like a bad alternator, or a bad battery. Your Autozone guy should be able to tell you which. If he can't, go to another store and try again - or learn how to use a voltmeter (really simple, and will save you being at the mercy of a kid who works at a parts store).

·
Registered
576 Posts
Check the alternator output. You can get a cheap voltmeter from Harbor Freight. With engine running with headlights and AC on, you should get 14+ volts across the pos and meg terminals. If you don’t see 14 volts, it’s probably the alternator.

Re battery, might not be reading 12 if you didn’t give it any time to recharge by driving it. How old is the battery? There should be a sticker on it that shows month/year. If 3 yrs or more, probably time to replace.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to thank those that responded it was just a battery in riding now I really like this MDX touring has everything I need

1 - 4 of 4 Posts