Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I decided on the '02 MDX! I've had five Acuras, and currently am still in love with my Silver '02 TL-S. It will be great to have the MDX as well, and since we're planning to start a family next year its the perfect choice.

But, as I wait for the call telling me the MDX has arrived, I will wonder about the '03...will it have side curtain airbags?...more HP?....different tail lights?....quieter ride?....better sound system?....how much more would I have paid?...

Every year brings this dilemma for a car nut like me. I think we did the right thing though....We're paying MSRP and decided to get running boards, mud guards and the cargo net. Financing for six years at 5.6 % APR through USAA....hard to beat that!

Anyone know more about what changes the 2003 will bring?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
MDXecutive said:
My fiance and I decided on the '02 MDX! I've had five Acuras, and currently am still in love with my Silver '02 TL-S. It will be great to have the MDX as well, and since we're planning to start a family next year its the perfect choice.

But, as I wait for the call telling me the MDX has arrived, I will wonder about the '03...will it have side curtain airbags?...more HP?....different tail lights?....quieter ride?....better sound system?....how much more would I have paid?...

Every year brings this dilemma for a car nut like me. I think we did the right thing though....We're paying MSRP and decided to get running boards, mud guards and the cargo net. Financing for six years at 5.6 % APR through USAA....hard to beat that!

Anyone know more about what changes the 2003 will bring?
Personally, I would not worry about what the 2003 will have, it's bound to have more, like an entertainment option., I would just order it. Why wait for a 2002 this late in the year? Just think, they've already been out since Oct/Nov 2001.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
You'll love your '02! Persistent rumors point to a 3.8L engine with somewhat higher HP on the '03, but my guess that the rest of it is more speculation than fact.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here is some info on color and option choices: http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=68738#post68738

Personally we decided to wait for the 2003's to come out but we aren't really in a hurry. Our second child isn't even due until the end of August. That link doesn't say much about fixes or improvements. If you want to cancel and wait, it's no big deal to the dealer. They will simply refund your deposit and sell it to the next guy. We had a deposit down last month and simply called on the phone and cancelled and they credited our credit card that day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome MDExecutive. You have excellent taste in MDX model and color and in your choice of a financial/insurance company. I've had my SS Touring/Nav for five weeks and a truck threw a rock at my windshield over the weekend. USAA had the repair completed today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts