Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My wife and I just bought an immaculate Sage Brush Green Pearl 2006 Acura MDX Touring last night (no navi, no dvd, no backup camera).

It has the optional running boards and rear tailgate spoiler. He also tossed in a full tank of gas, a nice pair of snow chains and a rubber cargo area cover. The Michelin tires are new from Costco and the brake pads were just changed.

It was a one owner car from a very nice family that took excellent care of it. They bought it from the Acura dealership and had it serviced there every time including the 105K "major" service.

It was in a parking garage at his work (an hour away) and in their garage at home which explains the nearly flawless paint after 11 years.

It has 160,000 miles on it. He was asking $6,250. I paid $5,800, which I think was a fair price for both of us according to KBB and Edmunds.

Here are the minor issues that I look forward to fixing in the near future with this forum's help.

1. Rear A/C blower motor noise - needs to be cleaned out or possibly replaced.
2. Hood lift supports - they work, but are weak.
3. Rear wiper blade rubber insert is falling apart - I'm going to buy the entire assembly.
4. Squeaking sound at highway speeds from the metal bar under the second row of seats.

5. Power Steering mild jerk on/off feeling during low speed turns.

I'm not sure if the power steering problem is the PS pump, the high pressure hose, a dirty reservoir or the PS rack.

This forum has already been very helpful in my research for this purchase and I look forward to being part of the community. :)

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, those minors issues will be easily taken care of. As for ride, I think you got it for really good price and I hope both you and your wife will enjoy this ride as there is a lot to enjoy. Friend from DSRLeasing bought a 08 one for his wife and she is really enjoying it so far :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, those minors issues will be easily taken care of. As for ride, I think you got it for really good price and I hope both you and your wife will enjoy this ride as there is a lot to enjoy. Friend from DSRLeasing bought a 08 one for his wife and she is really enjoying it so far :)

I've already fixed the rear A/C noise by simply cleaning the filter screen.

I mostly stopped the 2nd row seat squeaking by using zip/cable ties to place some tension on the the long thin rotating left to right bar under the front edge of the 2nd row seats to the larger front/back orientated seat frame bar.

Replacing the hood supports was cheap and easy.

I got the replacement rear wiper blade (not the whole assembly).

I also installed a Blitzsafe AUX in unit with a Bluetooth adapter for music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts