Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Just picked up a 2008 Acura MDX Technology with 158k miles. Before I purchased it I noticed on the carfax it had the transmission replaced 3 times! Last time was at 87k miles. It runs and drives great for a 10 year old car with that many miles. The wheels are trashed, but the body is in great shape. First thing I did was use one of those interior smoke bombs, then removed all of the seats to shampoo the carpet. The previous owner was a smoker, so I wanted to make sure to get every square inch cleaned up to remove the smell. So far so good!

I guess i need more posts to put pictures in. So i'll keep posting.

· Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
659 Posts
Welcome to the group. Let us know if we can assist you with any questions and fixes

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far so good! Will probably finish up the interior and work on a few performance mods (intake manifold spacer, air intake system, etc). I have an aftermarket Sony head unit in my Element, so going from being able to use Waze to the clunky navigation of this MDX is a pain point. Hoping to find some options here to update the infotainment system to something more modern and able to interface with iPhone/Android.

· Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a 2008 with 162K. Hoping for a good life out of the trans.

I have a 95 Accord I was having trans issues with recently, and brought up my plan to purchase the MDX. He was a little leery about the miles, but said he had an aftermarket trans cooler he recommended. Said if you go on long trips, stop every 3 hours or so and take a break and let it cool down.

· Registered
794 Posts
I just bought a 2008 with 162K. Hoping for a good life out of the trans.

I have a 95 Accord I was having trans issues with recently, and brought up my plan to purchase the MDX. He was a little leery about the miles, but said he had an aftermarket trans cooler he recommended. Said if you go on long trips, stop every 3 hours or so and take a break and let it cool down.
This reminds me of my childhood, when our car didn't have AC and we would stop every couple of hours, to let our radiator cool down, so we could check the water level.
Good times.

· Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
659 Posts
I have never had any problems with my 2008 transmission in 136K+ miles. None whatsoever and I do not recall seeing transmission problems posted on this forum for the 2008 model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.