Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. After a long time of wanting one I just bought a 2015 MDX with Technology Package. Timing never really worked out until now and my wife and I are excited to be MDX owners.

I’m looking for general advice or tips. There are a couple of things I am curious to see how others dealt with these things:

Looking to get rubber mats. I see the Acura ones and obviously weather tech but didn’t know if anyone had any other brands they liked? Ideally I want a full set with a cargo tray that matches and also folds.

Also eventually going to upgrade to towing package. Does this have to be done at dealer or are there other places that can do the work? With transmission cooler too.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I have the OEM rubber mats and I like them a lot. Weathertech makes good mats, too, but their cargo mat does not fold.

Tow hitch and cooler can be installed at the dealer, any independent mechanic, or even DIY. The cooler on the 2015 MDX is straightforward to DIY, if you’re normally comfortable with such things. How many miles on your MDX? If you’re over 30k and the transmission fluid hasn’t been changed then I’d do that when you install the cooler.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
OEM folding cargo mat is kind of a no-brainer.

OEM vs WeatherTech for floor mats depends on conditions. WeatherTech Digital fit are great for containing winter slop and other major messes. Newer "high-wall" OEM mats aren't bad in terms of protection, and they look a bit nicer. Some people like Maxliner mats, but I haven't tried them. They look similar to WeatherTechs.

Husky is another name that gets thrown around.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
What makes the OEM a no brained? Does it fold flat when third row is up? I’ve seen complaints on others not going quite flat.
It also makes it relatively easy to access the storage cubby when the 3rd row seats are down. I seldom ( never ? ) have the 3rd-row seats up, so I haven't noticed issues with that.

I wasn't aware of the aftermarket trifold option, and I haven't seen it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all I was considering the maxpider cargo mat but ultimately just ordered the OEM I like the idea of everything matching. I’ll feel it out if not up to snuff I’ll probably return and try the maxpider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts