Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen an increase in dealer inventory over the last few weeks? Have more MDXs been seen on dealer lots? Hope to go out and find a Silver Touring at the end of the month and wonder what my chances are.

Has the MDX line gotten up to full production speeds?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes i think so. I went to the dealer memorial day and they had about 3 or 4 on the lot. When I picked up mine on Wednesday they were 2 more that came in. In 2 weeks I only saw one left, but there was still one on the lot. Another dealer in town had 3 on the lot.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Ever use www.eacura.com?

It is DESIGNED to help set up leads for "in store" sales people, but you can play around with it and "see" the inventory of some dealers.

The page with personal info is kind intimidating, but I just enter a sinle character per field, except for ZIP code (and format for email : [email protected]).

WIth some work you can check out MANY dealers, just put in ZIP codes about 20-30 miles apart...

·
Registered
5 Posts
We actually went to the Acura dealer in Scottsdale at the end of May to order an MDX, after looking at the Pilots (and inflated prices MSRP++). We lucked out, because the Acura dealer had a Mesa beige on the lot that we purchased that day, actually had another couple that came in after us, put $1K down on the same vehicle in case our deal fell through. I also found out that the other Acura dealer in town had 3 MDX's coming the first week of June with no contracts. Happy hunting...:1:

·
Registered
70 Posts
In CT the inventories look like they have grown a bit over the past few weeks. Most dealers show 2-3 MDXs in their inventory. Good Hunting:cool:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Pilot Sitting on Dealers Lot For Over 10 Days

Saw a Honda Pilot on the dealers lot for 12 days. The local dealer received 3 on June 1, one sold in the first few days, the other two were still on the lot this morning.

Dealer is selling the Pilot base model for $33,120, about $2200 over MSRP I think.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Inventories

It looks to me (judging by the one dealer I can really see what's on their lot), that they definitely either got more allocations or slowdown in sales (or both). Since 1/1/02 they've had maybe 6-8 on the lot at a time and are gone within a week or two. Now they have in the neighborhood of 15+/- for the last week and 1/2 to 2 weeks and they don't seem to be moving as fast....
Who knows ???:confused:
metmdx

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey aktars: good to see another AZ member! Guess I'll look for your Mesa Beige; honk if you see a GG base go by ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
As a fellow Nutmegger who has been seriously looking over the last couple of weeks, I agree there seems to be some MDX's around. Initially we thought we would have to order and wait 3 to 4 months for one, but I found several available (including tourings with and without nav.) in various colors (a couple even came up for immediate delivery).

My wife and I are interested in a Base redrock pearl. Unfortunately I did not find any of these in greater Hartford. One dealer (the one where we test drove and closest to where we live) did not bother to return two phone calls. My wife went in and let the sales manager know. They apoligized and gave her a not very good quote. We haven't heard from them in a week (what is wrong with these dealers?).

Finally, I did an internet search of all dealers within a hundred miles of Hartford. Rhode Island and upstate NY seem to have more availability and were willing to work with you (or at least not gouge you). Dealers around NYC and toward Boston had nothing in stock and were charging over MSRP and/or are requiring extensive option purchases. We ended up reserving a redrock coming in next month in upstate NY (about 1 1/2 hours way). Can't wait.
:2:
If you need any more information, I would be happy to help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That would be Heart Acura in Wappinger Falls, NY just south of Poughkeepsie. Ross DeBella, the internet sales manager, has been very nice. His number is 845-298-0400.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Factory is running flat out...

Local Acura store is awash in MDX's. In fact they were taping a commercial for cable last night.

Have heard radio ads and seen newspaper ads with dealers saying "weh ave hard to find MDXs".

Even saw an ad from a Honda store that said they have 28 Pilots!!

I'm thinking some of those coughing up the AMV fees are gonna look real stoopid real soon...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Renov8r - Where is this? Would be interesting to see where this is happening and watch if it happens anywhere else.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was at my dealer Tuesday evening to have accessories installed and there were 4 X's on the lot that were available for immediate sale. This is in northern VA suburbs of Washington, DC. I picked up my 'X last week, about 6-8 weeks ahead of promised delivery, because of several cancellations.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just received a call from a dealer here saying he has two base MDXs available in July. Both are Havasu Blue which we don't want. They also have a Silver Touring with about $4000 worth of options. Also not what we want. If anyone is interested contact Mike Ardzzone at Acura of Milford, 203-877-4333.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm in Chicago suburbs...Untold thousands of MDXs on road, but the supply is still moving well.

The demand is very strong, but supply is good and getting better...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Atlanta

We have about 4 metro Acura dealers - all of whom have no MDX's just sitting on the lot and not claimed. We have yet to see an influx in supply.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Of the four dealerships nearest to me in the Bay Area only one has 1 MDX on the lot. A white one and they are forcing a $1500.00 pkg. for $750.00 worth of accessories. Two of the other three are taking orders, but they are also gouging customers. One dealer in my area is taking orders that will deliver in August at normal MSRP with no forced options. I just orderered a Silver / Ebony Touring with Navigation from them. It's build date is July 27th. I can't wait to drive it! :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts