Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2005 MDX used last year w/ 44k miles on from a Toyota Dealer as it was exactly what I was looking for in color and features.

I wanted to put a towing package on it and their prices for parts weren't so great. I ended up buying the TC and PSC from a dealer here on the forums and I got John Holtz to install the parts. There labor charges are very reasonable, costing me $209 to have both installed. While I was there I noticed there synthetic oil changes were reasonable at $70 including wash. There facilities and customer service were great and had more than the normal TV and old magazines. They also had WiFi comfortable area to work from, fresh snacks, drinks, and even ice cream bars. I started going there for all my maintenance and haven't regretted it yet. I also noticed on the carfax that the previous owners also took the vehicle to the dealership.Today I just got back from the dealership and with a tire rotation/balance, synthetic oil change, and alignment check, it only cost me $106 and some change. I was a little surprised when I had to pay $8 for a replacement light bulb, that I heard others paid $4 on this forum. They always give you some little gift too, a steel box of mints, a mini screw driver set, and even a snow scraper from 3 different visits.

Today was the first time I brought my g/f along and her conclusion is that the service is almost a good enough reason to buy a vehicle from them. Which we can not say the same for other dealers we have worked with.

In all great service, nice people, but can be a little more pricey on parts.

-Hostage

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Thanks for posting the review.

FWIW, I've found that if you're friendly with the folks in most parts departments, they're often willing to offer a discount on their parts - especially if they know you've shopped elsewhere (like on the internet) and can get parts for less. Just a suggestion, and of course you've got nothing to lose by asking!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not really one to haggle, I would rather just find the cheapest. That is one reason I went with the seller here. Also the guy who sells here also answers a lot of good questions, so why not give him the business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts