Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi Ron,
Nice job! What size monitors are in the head rest? I noticed the head rest of the MDX to be quite narrow.
Is the navigation voice still operational with the aftermarket stereo? How about the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
679 Posts
That is a very cool set up! Only thing I might have done differently would be to have gotten a double DIN headunit, or add a pocket or equalizer underneath your single DIN unit. All that gray at the bottom looks a bit out of place IMO. Other than that I love it :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice Job

Where did you get the din opening cover? Custom?
:) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow :cool: Nice set up Ron. I've seen his other projects on TL's from another TL board and nothing but first class all the way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The best thing about the install is that Ron was completely accomodating. He basically said "What do you want? Whatever you want, we can do." That was a pretty confident statement, but he really backs up his words with proof. I can't tell you how much of a joy it was to do business with him. I've dealt with local "pro" shops, and after having work finished, you either leave with the feeling that you got royally screwed, that they really didn't have a clue, or that they only will install stuff they sell. This wasn't the case with Ron. He made suggestions, but basically, was more than willing to install whatever equipment I brought with me. Thats a HUGE bonus.

Bottom line - If you live in the Tri-State region and want to get work done, don't go anywhere else!!! Its worth whatever trip you have to make.

Jesse

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I would second that

I'm planning to do the install in a few weeks. (I think I must have purchased one of the last AVC-RGB1s available in the US). Anyhow, Ron has been very accomodating with questions I've had. I'll let everyone know how the install goes.

I plan to have the Navi conversion, a 7 inch flip down monitor for the back, a TV tuner, a DVD installed under the seat, A/V inputs and power inverter (for PS/2) input in the back of the center console, and possibly a reverse activated backup camera feeding into the Nav.

I'll keep everyone updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts