Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You should look harder. ;-) There should be plenty of options out there. The question is whether to trust a boneyard tranny, or to spring for a rebuilt unit. It all kind of depends on what your vehicle is worth, and your future plans for it. A rebuilt transmission tends to cost more than the cost of a typical '01 MDX, but if your vehicle is in great shape and/or has lots of sentimental value, the formula could be different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m just looking for a transmission ready to install I’m asking about the jdms transmission do I have to swap sensors has anyone swapped a jdm transmission in a 2001 mdx im not looking to rebuild the transmission can’t find no junkyard transmissions in the area if I did I would go that route there’s many jdm transmissions in my area just don’t know what I need to swap

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how did you determine that the tranny needs to be swapped? If it's a dealership estimate / diagnosis, keep in mind it's the ONLY diagnosis they do on auto trannies. Most folks on this forum have been able to fix transmission problems without swapping them out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just out of curiosity, how did you determine that the tranny needs to be swapped? If it's a dealership estimate / diagnosis, keep in mind it's the ONLY diagnosis they do on auto trannies. Most folks on this forum have been able to fix transmission problems without swapping them out.
it’s locked up second gear no gears work case is also cracked locked up going 40 mph transmission is done and dealer ship has no transmissions or none local in the junk yard been searching no luck only jdm transmission I’m going to do the swap will take me a day done many before just not jdm ones

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had a shop replace my 2002 with a JDM 2002 transmission; worked fine, so I don't see why not if they are both 01'

Sorry I do not know all the details the shop did to make it work, they said it was a simple R&R.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry I do not know the invoice only shows 2002 JDM MDX trans with 60K kms approx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts