Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jamie,
A few weeks ago you gave me a delivery date of 12/18 - 12/22 for my '03 White/Saddle Touring MDX, coming into Gettel Acura in Sarasota, FL. That information meshed with the dealer's earlier prediction that it would arrive "before Christmas". Jamie, I just got off the phone with my dealer who now tells me it's going to be another 3 WEEKS 'til my MDX comes! I'm SOOOOO disappointed. He had no explanation for me, just said that's what his computer says. What do you make of this? Did he sell MY car to someone else? Or was there a holdup in production somewhere? I'm so bummed right now, I'm thinking about switching to a Sequoia - I could drive one of those home today!
Kathy

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't do it!!!

The Toyota Sequoia has lousy brakes and handles pretty bad in comparison. Hope you can get your MDX soon!

·
Registered
206 Posts
kgbmom,
There are many cars/suv's you could pick up and drive off today that's true, but did you actually test drive the Sequoia? I was able to borrow one for a week. I came away somewhat dissapointed with the handling. And I love Toyota cars. They make great products. While it was nice, it's just not, in my opinion in the same leauge as an MDX. I suggest if you can, take a really long a test drive in the Sequoia before you make your decision. Hang in there the X is worth the wait.

Good look we're all rooting for you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I did test drive the Sequoia several times, and definitely felt better in the MDX. I researched it all to death, then finally made my decision and put the deposit on the X. I'm just so tired of waiting!!!:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Kathy. If you have not already picked up your MDX, the next White one that Gettel has scheduled for production, will be built between 12-31 and 1-5-03. It should arrive 10 to 15 days after it is built. Jamie's arrival dates were correct. I don't know what happened to yours. If you have any questions you can e-mail me, or call 800-451-5571.

Ed Camp

·
Registered
228 Posts
KGBMOM:

I didn't realize that you posted your request on different threads. I hope the information thus far as been helpful. Just keep emailing me at my address to make sure I get your letters...

Have a great night.

Jamie S.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Many thanks to Jamie and everyone who responded to my question. You guys are great! I'm just trying to sit tight and remind myself that the MDX is worth the wait...
:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts