Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you put jack stands? For example, if I jack up one corner of the car using the recommended jacking point, where should I put a jack stand for safety?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I actually like to use the jack on one of the front subframe points then put my jack stand on the official jack point. My floor jack has barely enough travel for my X without using a wood block for added height, but my jack stands have enough to keep the wheels off the ground using the jack points.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like the safest way to do it. That way you spend little to no time under the car until after the jack stand is holding up the car.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I recently purchased a combined bottle jack and stand, which makes things much easier. You just put it under a jacking point and jack the car up, then lock the stand and leave it there.

Of course, as an additional precaution, I still use one or two jack stands as a safety measure (one in the jacking point in the middle, either back or front, and another one under sub-frame. For my lower control arm replacement I used the vehicle scissor jack additionally under the sub-frame, where the LCA is connected. It's probably too much, but since there was a lot of car rocking, additional jacking point doesn't hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts