Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching, and just can't believe the difficulty in finding this info. Does anyone have a link so that I can buy a full Acura maint manual? For now I just want all of the jack points.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The jack points are in the owner's manual which you already have - or you can download a soft copy from Acura for free. From what I recall the last time I jacked up the vehicle the jack points are pretty obvious - on the sill edge near each wheel.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
And the center jack points are on the rear and front subframes along the centerline. You've seen the rear one because you were in the rear aux backup light retrofit by mcdavis.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here's the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The jack points are in the owner's manual which you already have - or you can download a soft copy from Acura for free. From what I recall the last time I jacked up the vehicle the jack points are pretty obvious - on the sill edge near each wheel.
Not looking for flat tire emergency jack points (I can read the owners manual) . More interested in rear lift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the center jack points are on the rear and front subframes along the centerline. You've seen the rear one because you were in the rear aux backup light retrofit by mcdavis.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
That flimsy jack point was never confirmed as a jack point. You have read it ....... I know you were there at the Mcdavis retrofit. Never confirmed as a jack point by Acura..Yes?

·
Registered
96 Posts
That flimsy jack point was never confirmed as a jack point. You have read it ....... I know you were there at the Mcdavis retrofit. Never confirmed as a jack point by Acura..Yes?
Confirmed by Acura as neoshi posted. After my retrofit I can no longer call that jacking point flimsy. It's actually quite stout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to revive this old thread - really great information in here! Can someone confirm that the metal pieces they appear to have added at the center jack points do not get bent when using the floor jack? And is it safe to support the car from the 4 side jack points using jack stands because again the metal pieces there seem thin to me? Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have used the rear center jack point without issue. For jack stands, as shown in the attached illustration above, make sure they straddle the pinch weld.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have jacked up both my 2006 MDX and 2015 MDX many times from that 'flimsy' bracket on the back center rear. My understanding from old forum threads was the piece was used to secure the frame during manufacturing. It's always worked great for me, then I place jack stands under the pinch welds. Makes changing oil, rear differential, front transfer case, and transmission fluid a breeze.

BTW... that flimsy piece has never bent for me! (I.e. It's not flimsy!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually bent the front jack point last time I worked on my 2016 MDX, but in my case I think it was because I had to retrofit the jack such that it couldn't roll back and forth, and I think the ensuing movement lifting the rear placed too much lateral pressure on it.

Just a heads up - it is possible to bend it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Ooh yeah any significant sliding would do that. I always use chocks to ensure I don't get movement from the vehicle.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I actually bent the front jack point last time I worked on my 2016 MDX, but in my case I think it was because I had to retrofit the jack such that it couldn't roll back and forth, and I think the ensuing movement lifting the rear placed too much lateral pressure on it.

Just a heads up - it is possible to bend it.
Pics or it didn't happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts