Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. just bought a MINT 2004 Touring AWD, and want to do a Type S tribute.. first things first.. performance... what performance mods are available? I assume none.. so... what performance mods from other J30/J32/J35/J37 vehicles are interchangeable on the J35A5?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys.. just bought a MINT 2004 Touring AWD, and want to do a Type S tribute.. first things first.. performance... what performance mods are available? I assume none.. so... what performance mods from other J30/J32/J35/J37 vehicles are interchangeable on the J35A5?
Hey I just bought a decent 2005 with 170k mi. I got a performance chip that plugs into the OBD II port, it's white and square and stays plugged in all the time not sure of the brand name. Just search MDX tuner on amazon and you'll see it. Also got a short tube intake for it because the bolts in the stock airbox cover were seized, and the filter was DIRTY. Between the two I notice a huge difference in acceleration. Both items found on amazon. It really woke it up, still not what I'd call fast but better. As far as mods from other vehicles I don't know. Remember to change trans fluid frequently, mine was neglected but trans still shifts good and doesn't slip. I did like 3 drain and fills fluid nice and red now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The power increase you felt is more likely restored power that the old dirty filter robbed you of. Agreed with the transmission fluid maintenance.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Too many cats on the first gen! Removed my mid cat (between engine and rear exhaust. After removal she feels more like a VTEC Integra. Honda’s desire to make her “quiet” steals a good 5-10hp. Throttle response is noticeably better and she still passes inspection sniffer no problems. Stripping weight off makes a difference also. Third row seats frees up near 100lbs easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
AutisMDXTypeS
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing