Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought you guys/gals might be interested in the new J.D. power IQS results. This data is based on 1997 MY vehicles(No MDX).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I just HAD to say something here

...............MDXLuvr, thanks for posting this (and please don't take offense personally for what I'm about to say).....

Blasphemy!!! :mad: :mad:

They say Acura has 255 problems AND LINCOLN (a known POS cr#p American company) HAS 253??????????........AND JAGUAR (One of the Worst companies in the world) HAS 250????????...........What are these people for real??????????????? Are they high on something :mad: :mad: .......................Give me a f**king break here!!!

What a f**king bunch of Bu** Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

AND THESE LOSERS (JD Power) have the audacity and the gaul to rate Honda and Toyota WORSE than this trash called Jaguar and Lincoln which could not even come close to Honda and Toyota's quality levels if they tried to do in 10 lifetimes!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I am so extremely pissed off......Makes me madder than hell :mad: :mad:

If one picks up a copy of consumer reports one can see what I'm exactly talking about. Most Jaguar models have been rated WORST in reliability and Lincoln as well.....WHICH IS - THE NORM - EXPECTED - NOT SURPRISING etc. etc.

WHAT A WAY TO MISLEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

.............Actually, now, that I've calmed down a bit :D , I wonder how these people go about getting their INACCURATE RESULTS????
Could it be the actual owners are the culprits???........ I think so.........This happens many times because, even though they know their vehicle is full of problems, they want to defend their stand on purchasing the product and therefore become biased and do not give out the correct picture in the surveys.......which, then ends up in surveys like this and MISLEADS PEOPLE!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The thing that this survey doesn't show is the total amount of cars sold.
SO if you sell only a few hundred cars you are likely to have less problems than say someone who has sold some in the thousands...

·
Registered
81 Posts
These are quality problems per hundred vehicles, so it is normalized for number of sales.

Also, there is a lot of validity to what you say about people defending their brands. JD Power gets their data from surveys sent to a random sample of owners. I had a friend who (several years ago) bought a Nissan NX2000. His family were rabid Nissan fans, so even though it was a POS right off the lot, he rated them excellent in every category.

·
Registered
411 Posts
vicpai:

Cool Down! It's a survey. And do remember that There were issues with MDX in the first year.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If it truly used 5 year old data, it is virtually meaningless for today's new vehicles. Almost every vehicle on that list has been redesigned since 1997.

Tom

MDXLuvr said:
Just thought you guys/gals might be interested in the new J.D. power IQS results. This data is based on 1997 MY vehicles(No MDX).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn Vic-- need some valium?(jk)

remember, this is an Initial Quality Survey. That means they data is based on cars that are less than 90 days old. Therefore, it has very little to do with long term reliability. NOBODY in their right mind thinks that a Jag is more reliable than a Honda/Acura! C.R. is still the bible for long term reliability!(imho)

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Please pardon the interruption, but I believe it is not a JD Power Initial Quality Survey (IQS), but one where they, in 2001, surveyed 1997 model year vehicles (thus the vehicles are four or five years old at the time of the survey).

As mogur pointed out, a lot of the vehicles tested have been redesigned so one brand might have better or worse 4/5 year quality today (which of course we won't know for a while).

You also have to think back about the vehicles each manufacturer was selling at the time, and how many of each vehicle was actually sold. Since the numbers appear to be summarized by brand, I'd imagine that if a company sold a very large quantity of higher or even mid-level-quality, say, smaller vehicles, but a smaller number of vehicles that were problem-plagued, they'd still do relatively well in the overall list. (Unless JD Power evened out the quantity of each model across a brand; but I'd guess they just relied on respondents more or less following the sales numbers.) Someone please correct me if I'm not interpreting this correctly.

Thus, these numbers should only be considered by overall brand, and they are not necessarily applicable to specific models.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are correct wmquan. I went back to the MB site and it states that it is dependability data based on surveys for vehicles that are 5 years old. the guy on the MB site commented that MB had fallen in recent years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts