Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my MBP Touring last night. What a beauty! Got for MSRP, no forced options, with a free Burlwood Shift Knob.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all the information. I truly believe that I was more informed than most of the people at the dealership.

Had a great experience, except the Business Manager flipped out when I told him I did not want to buy the warranty from him. He was charging $2200 for 7/100/$0 and I told him I could get for $1750. He kept telling me that there was NO WAY anyone would sell it for $100 over cost and that I was getting scammed (not real AcuraCare warranty). Other than that and the wait for the MDX to arrive, a good experience overall.

Happy Driving Everyone!

I look forward to seeing another MBP in Cook/DuPage county as I have not seen one yet. :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Congrats........ :)

Take some photos. I haven't see any MBP color on the road so far. ;)

·
3,109 Posts
Triple7 said:
Just picked up my MBP Touring last night. What a beauty!
How is the paint job? Any orange peel?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paint job is good. My wife and I inspected it thoroughly while it was inside at the dealer. I noticed there are some marks on the roof where they peeled off the white protective film and didn't go over it again with a cloth, but that is a dealer prep issue, not a paint issue.

I will try to post pics soon. Digital camera is on loan - will get either this afternoon or Monday.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Triple7 said:
Just picked up my MBP Touring last night. What a beauty! Got for MSRP, no forced options, with a free Burlwood Shift Knob.

...Had a great experience, except the Business Manager flipped out when I told him I did not want to buy the warranty from him. He was charging $2200 for 7/100/$0 and I told him I could get for $1750. He kept telling me that there was NO WAY anyone would sell it for $100 over cost and that I was getting scammed (not real AcuraCare warranty). ...
Congratulations. Nice handling of the Business Manager. Let him flip out, and then, tell him where he can put his warranty price :moon:

Nice job. :4:

·
3,109 Posts
Triple7 said:
He was charging $2200 for 7/100/$0 and I told him I could get for $1750.
...from ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Our first MBP owner....how does it feel?! Can't wait to see the pictures. I sat in one this past weekend at the Auto Show in N.E., and was completely in love with this color. Wise choice, my friend! My only complaint about the MBP is that they made the Saddle interior darker than '01 and '02, what do you think about this? I'm not a fan of the new Saddle, but can definitely get over it because the blue is so beautiful! Happy driving!

'03 MBP/Saddle Touring w/Nav.

·
Registered
117 Posts
mauigrl721 said:
My only complaint about the MBP is that they made the Saddle interior darker than '01 and '02, what do you think about this? I'm not a fan of the new Saddle, but can definitely get over it because the blue is so beautiful!
I didn't know they darkened the saddle interior... :rolleyes: I thought it remained the same, just the wood-grain color changed. Maybe the lighter wood makes the saddle look darker..?

·
Registered
207 Posts
nm2--

Yes, they definitely lightened the plood, which I think looks fine. But I'm pretty sure that the Saddle is darker, too. It's possible that it just looked darker with the blue exterior, because I saw it with Sandstone, too, and that didn't look as dark. But we shall see.....I hope you're right, and that my eyes deceived me, because I was not too thrilled with the Saddle I saw.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Acura Warranty

Go to acurawarranty.com. There is info and the dealership's 800 number and direct extension. Although, I got sick of hearing "all lines are busy at this time" so I just got the operator and asked for warranty prices.

I was quoted $1750 for the $0 deductible and $1500 and change for the $50 deductible. Said prices go up $100 at each 12 months/12,000 mile point beginning at 24/24,000. This is a surcharge in addition to the normal price increases. The guy said the prices usually go up 1/1. Also got the same quote from an Acura dealer in California - Ican't get into my "MDX" folder on outlook now, so not sure which one-I think it was Mission Viejo. I can check on Monday if anyone is interested.

The saddle is darker than we were used to. Traded in a 2001 Accord with similar interior, but it was lighter. It isn't too bad, and we have a Golden Retriever, so the color should be fine for that.

Incidentally, I have a deposit on another MBP touring which I will not be needing now. I will post details in a new thread if anyone is interested.:4:

·
Registered
470 Posts
re: Saddle interior

I could have sworn that the MBP I saw had kind of a "two-tone" Saddle interior (dash & doors) - darker at the top and lighter at the bottom. I saw it twice, once inside the shop (as they were detailing and putting on some extras) and once after dark. Both times it was kind of difficult to see clearly with the lighting conditions as they were.

I'll take a ride out to the dealer one sunny day to confirm for myself (their demo is MBP). Can someone confirm in the meantime? Is this the way it is for all of the '03s that come with Saddle interior? Is this the way it is in the '02s?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: re: Saddle interior

rjmitche said:
I could have sworn that the MBP I saw had kind of a "two-tone" Saddle interior (dash & doors) - darker at the top and lighter at the bottom. I saw it twice, once inside the shop (as they were detailing and putting on some extras) and once after dark. Both times it was kind of difficult to see clearly with the lighting conditions as they were.

I'll take a ride out to the dealer one sunny day to confirm for myself (their demo is MBP). Can someone confirm in the meantime? Is this the way it is for all of the '03s that come with Saddle interior? Is this the way it is in the '02s?
My dealer called me to say that the MDX is in town. In fact, this is the first batch of Blue X in Vancouver. I went to see it today and it looks great, though partially covered with covers since PDI is not done yet, of course!

Yes, the saddle interior to two tone, exactly like what you said! Although I like the grey interior instead, but the saddle does like great either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a MBP MDX today. It was on the showroom floor when I walked in and I drove it off three hours later. I decided to add the wood steering wheel, the burlwood shifter, and the wood dash trim. The dealer threw in the wheel locks and teflon paint coating because they were already on the MDX. I hope my wife likes it, it will be her vehicle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Saddle interior two tone

rjmitche said:

Picked up my MBP Preium last night. :2: I noticed the two tone interior you are talking about the next day in the light. I really like it because it breaks up the color in a nice way. Same thing with the exterior color, looked good in the dark and it looks fantastic today. It has sparkles in it that make it twinkle in the sunlight. It is everything I hoped for in a color combination.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where are the proud pictures of the MBP?

Where are the proud pictures of the MBP? Come on guys show off your new Acura.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ME so Happy

Here she is 3.5 days after we picked her up!!! And still clean.
OK My file is too big to post:mad: I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
210 Posts
here is the side view

This might work

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Interior

here is the two tone interior. You can see on the far door, dash and steering vs lower portion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Man I have to say that color is awesome. I would have been all over that if it was available sooner. Good luck keeping her shiney but who cares when it looks like that when it is clean. Congatulations.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts