Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....from Acura. There is a contest going to see who can get the largest increase in accessories sales for the period of September and October nationwide. So here's the idea.....

For the first time ever, I would like to propose putting ALL MDX accessories on sale for one month. The only problem is that I will not be able to issue credits for prior sales 30 days out as I have done in the past, the number would be far too large. But I won't do it if there would be objections to this, it's just an idea at this point. I'd really like to come away with this one if I can!

Please post your thoughts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Let’s see if I understand this. If I bought it within the last 30 days, no credit for a sale discount. On the other hand, for an upcoming 30 day period I can buy any offered accessory at a sale price without waiting for a group buy AND possibly help you out.

I know you have been more than fair in the past and always did whatever you could for the customer. I also know if there was anyway in your control to issue the credits you would.

Let me think this out….. Get some stuff I’ve been holding off on, save some money in the process, return a favor. GO FOR IT !

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am all for it and would be disappointed in any members of this site complained about not getting the sale price for prior purchases. C'mon, we all know Tim gives great service and prices - let's not take advantage of this. Bring on the sale!!! Tim, will you have the new Acura accessories on sale (hitch bike mount, luggage basket, cargo box???) as well? If so, can we get any pics?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me! The only problem might be the fact that they are looking for increase in sales. For you, that might be more difficult than for some "low volume" folks. Is it being done on a percentage increase, total $, or some other method? You may be at a disadvantage. Keep us posted. I've been holding off on a couple of items, but I'm "in" whenever you give us the word! You have certainly helped us out in the past, now is the time for us to step up to the plate. Not only will it help you but we get the things we want at special prices. The proverbial "win-win".

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been holding off a few items as well. If you're pushing it through, I'll join in and help out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The deal is getting sweater !!

Tim,
You can count on me for my participation.
You can even further sweaten the deal by a tap by throwing in some small freebies for X'ers who spend a certain amount. e.g., a key-chain or ball-cap for > $250, golf tower for > $500, golf shirt for > $1000. Just some thoughts to ramp up the sales.......:27:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 10 percent increase for me would be pretty monumental, but it could happen. Please anyone that would have any difficulty with this issue post in here. Perhaps we'll call it a "group buy on everything" :D

And the new accessories would be included too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just trying to understand the "can't issue credits to sales prior to 30 days out" thing...

Take me for example: I just purchased my accessory-list two days ago. Got some discounts due to GB and such (thanks!), but there were some that were not discounted (other than your great prices already :)

So - I totally agree that you should go for it regardless of my situation, but I'm curious, do I get some credit or something?

Regards,

JohnW

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't even ordered my MDX yet and I would probably get off the fence and buy a few items! Sounds like a great idea.

As for the 30 day price adjustment, I think that as long as it is made clear to current purchasers, it should be fair.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
JohnW said:
Just trying to understand the "can't issue credits to sales prior to 30 days out" thing...

Take me for example: I just purchased my accessory-list two days ago. Got some discounts due to GB and such (thanks!), but there were some that were not discounted (other than your great prices already :)

So - I totally agree that you should go for it regardless of my situation, but I'm curious, do I get some credit or something?
Not speaking for Tim but...I think the whole point of his inquiry was that he doesn't want to issue credits for EVERY PART he has sold within the last 30 days. I am guessing that would not only be a huge hassle for Tim but also could involve substantial $$ (probably more than the incentive for him to offer everything at a discount for 30 days). Besides, he usually targets specific items for discounts as a way to move inventory. So I think the answer is no, you would not get a credit. Given that you bought some of the parts in a group buy and the rest at Tim's normal, quite reasonable prices, I can't see how this would be unfair. Anyone else???

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Just do it !

Tim, as in the Nike slogan - Just Do It ! You have been more than fair and forthright in conducting your business. IMHO it is ludicrous for anyone to complain and demand a credit or price adjustment for a part that they were perfectly happy to purchase in the immediate past prior to any new sale or price incentive that you may offer in the future. These are the rules of engagement, people need to accept and move forward. I was one of the unfortunate ones to discover this forum and your site AFTER I purchased my X, needless to say if I had known prior I would have saved $$ and been much better prepared for the dealers tactics - but with that said, I have NO regrets and have saved $$ and been well educated on the nuances of the X since and look forward to doing more of the same in the future . . . Just Do It - we will support you !!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I'll Just add my voice, go with it!! IF ANYONE COMPLAINS about the 30 day deal, too bad. Tim, Your prices are hard if not impossible to beat!!! WITHOUT GB or the Monthly special. I even got from my dealer, who is great BTW " go with him I can't even come close to his prices" i.e. I got a ding in the fender lip and I am gonna cover it with some flares painted, from Tim ( very soon) the price at my dealer was 664 just for the part I know labor is in th high 70's. Anywho Tim is a great guy and a great business man, if my wife lets me:2: I'll be making a huge purchase:eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Couldn't agree more...

with SocalJD. I think every person within this forum who has done business with you will support the 30 day rule. It is fair and justified under the circumstances.

I was about to order a few things, so this is added incentive to wait until September.

BTW, what do you get if you win? A tangible award of value or bragging rights and a wooden plaque to hang on the wall? At any case, I have to believe this forum will do its best to help you win.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Tim,

I agree with Warzau and socalJD. I can be as frugal as anyone, and my experience and research has convinced my that you are more than fair and competitive regarding accessories prices. I also discovered this forum after I purchased my X. I'm just glad I didn't purchase several of the accesories from the dealer. Despite a "hookup" at employees/wholesale prices, you still beat their prices. Your sales volume must be incredible, not to mention top notch service. I don't think there is much room for improvement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tim,

With the great prices that you already have, getting better you can count me in.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Go the Distance!

If you put them on sale, they will come!

(Just rewatched Field of Dreams...)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe a little later?

Hi Tim,

I would totally be interested in a sale, but maybe a little closer to the end of the year? I'm on the list for an '03, but until I have it ordered so I know what I'm getting, I'd be hesitant to start buying accessories, if you know what I mean. I'm guessing there are quite a few others in the same boat.

Would it be possible for you to postpone the sale until those of us with '03s know what we're getting? Or - better yet - can you have your sale as scheduled and then have another one just like it in maybe the December/January timeframe?? If people aren't objecting to one sale, I'm sure they'd have no objections to two sales. Just a thought... :2:

-i.

·
Registered
282 Posts
So what is the deal bud?

You got my eyes rolling, and my pants are falling because the wallet is getting heavy waiting to hear the deals.

Any xtra break for us poor suckas who have to pay tax here in NY?

Either way - you are the best and will take ANY discount you offer.

Mush

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
archimedes1 wrote:
... Or - better yet - can you have your sale as scheduled and then have another one just like it in maybe the December/January timeframe?? ...

Hey fellow MDXers, Tim has proposed a "no lose" situation for us. Some may not win [e.g. those that do not buy NOW], others will win big time and get extra dollars off of EACH AND EVERY ACCESSORY they buy.

Tim treats us well = great service and pricing. He has a motivation to do this NOW [and only now] and is willing to co-motivate us with $$. Sooooo, we have nothing to lose, only something to gain [but you must buy now to gain].

In answer to the above quote from Archimedes1 ... go with it now and save some money OR wait and pay a little more later. Tim wants you to do it now and is trying to make it worth your while. Please don't ask for two pieces of cake when you are being offered 1.

My only problem with Tim's proposal would be trying to convince the other half that we need something else ... hmmmmm ... getting a headache just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts