Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You thought waiting for your MDX was long...
(Better pictures with a friend's awesome camera!)

<a href="/stickers.php">Click here to go to the order form!</a>

Be very careful to apply the sticker on an extremely clean surface (I know EVERYONE keeps their MDX spotless! Right?). I noticed after applying the sticker, there were some dust particles I missed and they are very noticable. Also, when pressing the sticker on, be careful not to get carried away with what you use. There is a position strip on top of the vinyl sticker that peels the sticker off the paper backing. You then place this strip with the sticker onto the surface. Then rub the lettering down with a smooth blunt object, NOT a key like I first tried, because I ripped the sticker. Then peel away and admire your work.

Here are a few other options

<a href="/stickers.php">Click here to go to the order form!</a>

Post your pictures here of other places you've stuck your sticker, when you get it! :D :D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Thanks again for getting this done, guys. I'm off to the order form...

·
681 Posts
Congrats & thanks

Thanks for the hard work getting this done. I've got mine on order. RoadRunner will wear it proudly.

·
Registered
925 Posts
THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK!

Yes! I just ordered stickers too! I can't wait. Again, thanks for all the leg work on this you guys!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Spy Pic of MyTonka's Sticker Application!

Here's MyTonka's acuramdx.org sticker application. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Awesome Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow,

Thanks to everyone who made this happen - they look great. Can't wait to get them on my baby.

I also ordered one of each - will see which looks better with MB.

MB-

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey I ordered my first damn it! :D

Actually, what about the License Plate Frames..gotta have one!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Size

From an earlier post you mentioned the stickers are 7 1/2 X 1 inch. From your pics they look taller. Is it one inch per line? so in reality it is 2 inches high, or is it just an optical illusion.

For all, where's they best location? side window(s) or tailgate??
Curious as to prefrences.

Great job, I'll get my order in once I see one on an MD, as I'm torn between gold and white. Or is it yellow and white? At this price I just might get two of each anyway!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just ordered mine--

Hey thanks for a great job well done. I just ordered mine on Saturday night. I got my check written and and will mail it off tomorrow. I can't wait to get it. :D I'll put it on as soon as I get it. Hope it don't take too long.

Thanks again,
Lmeans

·
Registered
66 Posts
Excellent work.. I will be ordering mine as soon as I figure out the payment plans...

Uncle Mikey

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Silver almost gone

First batch being mailed Tuesday.

As of Sunday night, there are only about 10 silver left and 40 gold.

Redwing - Stickers are still 7 1/2" wide x 1" from top of acuramdx.org to bottom of "member" rectangle.

The license plate frame in the picture above was made with the sticker and a blank frame. Black would probably look better. Here is a site for Acura license plate frames that look nice. Didn't see any MDX graphics. This is not a recommendation, don't know their reputation: http://auto-stuff.com/acura1.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great Job. Thanks.

Just placed my order for a gold sticker. I think that'll look nice with the mesa beige. I originally wanted to get 3 stickers, on for the rear and one for each side, but my better half quickly vetoed that idea when I mentioned it.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Re: Spy Pic of MyTonka's Sticker Application!

remery said:
TheWorm said:
Worm,
Your humor went unnoticed by the rest but I caught it, late mind you.:D:D
Thanks rem!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: Re: Spy Pic of MyTonka's Sticker Application!

remery said:
TheWorm said:
Worm,
Hey! I caught it too. In fact I think that picture was inspired by a comment I made on another thread about the stickers and being able to distinguish MyTonka's vehicle by the sticker (and the fact it was rocking) :D

Great job Worm!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Spy Pic of MyTonka's Sticker Application!

AtlantaMDX said:
remery said:
TheWorm said:
Worm,
Hey! I caught it too. In fact I think that picture was inspired by a comment I made on another thread about the stickers and being able to distinguish MyTonka's vehicle by the sticker (and the fact it was rocking) :D

Great job Worm!
Yes, credit is due AtlantaMDX for the inspiration. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couple of more cautions

Thought I'd give the ol MDX a treat by taking it to a hand wash. They did a great job and when I had the washer guy give the mirrors a once over with the air hose, a pint of water gushed out the passenger side mirror housing! We both had a good laugh. No tears so far.

But afterwards, I did noticed my new sticker was slightly peeling from a few locations. He must have wiped the sticker pretty hard with the red window towel he used because there was red lint around the edges of the sticker. And the sticker was lifted in the small turns of the "Member" lettering cut outs. (I should have taken pictures but had no digital camera with me.) Pressed them back and looks fine.

SO...just be careful when wiping the sticker.:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
I GOT MY STICKER TODAY! YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!

Thanks to 7lus and Daniel. Nice job guys. Now, we need to tale a little poll. What location will look the best? I already have a small USCF (U.S. Cycling Fed) sticker in the lower left corner so I was thinking the middle. What do folks think? Where's the best spot?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts