Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have it yet but it's really finally here. The dealer called this afternoon to let me know they had just taken it off the delivery truck. They told me they'd have it ready for me by 9:00am tomorrow (Thursday) - at the time I was upset that it wouldn't be ready tonight but in hindsight, after the second ER visit in two months with our six year old (he's okay - but got stitches in his hand), I wouldn't have been able to get it tonight anyway. The ER was right around the corner from the dealership so I did get to pull into the parking lot and admire it through the garage bay door. It's all clean and shiny but they haven't installed the running boards (I wimped out and am having them install those) yet. I'll be there at 9:00am sharp to pick it up. My husband thought I was being ridiculous but I knew you guys would understand my excitement!

Kim

·
Registered
75 Posts
We had running boards installed on our X as well. They are great for my 3 year old to be able to get in and out on his own. Personally, my wife and I think they add to the look also.

Be prepared, it will be a long night tonight, but you will really appreciate after you can get some miles under your belt. The test drive just does not do it justice. Congratulations!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only_Acura said:
We had running boards installed on our X as well. They are great for my 3 year old to be able to get in and out on his own. Personally, my wife and I think they add to the look also.
We have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 year old and they're a big part of the reason I got the running boards - good to hear they are helpful! Also, my 90 year old grandmother sometimes rides with us so they should help her too.

Be prepared, it will be a long night tonight, but you will really appreciate after you can get some miles under your belt. The test drive just does not do it justice. Congratulations!
Yep - a long night. Between the tension from the ER visit and the excitement about the X, I was pretty wound up. Less than 3 hours now!

Kim

·
Registered
467 Posts
Check the paint carefully!

Better to notice a mis-matched panel now than a few months down the road! Get it out in the sun and look at it very closely from several angles, etc.

(See my post on the door that doesn't match) ...

·
Registered
112 Posts
You know what, Kim?....

You will remain this excited!!!!:D I think you are definately competition for me in the excitement level over the delivery of this car (no, truck; no, car; no, truck...which is it??)!;)

I got in mine last night for a little cruise by myself, and it felt as good as the day I picked it up!!!

Enjoy!!!!!:D Crank up the CD player with your favorites, open the moonroof, and have a ball!:cool: ;) :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Kim,

Congrats. I am sure you will be exciting about your new "X".

Yup, running board makes us easier to get in the car. so I am sure you will find out it is good idea to add it on.

Have fun....

·
Registered
88 Posts
congrats!!!

Congratulations on your new purchase! I also can't wait till mine will arrive :rolleyes:
is there a lot of difference between running boards and side steps? i want to install one of them and i'm not sure what to choose. help me please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My RedRocket was just delivered yesterday to me from Florida. The 5 month wait was long, but worth it in the end. I didn't want to get out of it at all yesterday.

Congratulations KAC, I know you will enjoy it, everyone does.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hey KAC, where are ya? Where's the pix? It's been way more than 3 hrs now!

OK we'll give you time to check it out... :D:D

Lucky, there's lots of posts and opinions on side steps and boards - do a search on either and you'll learn more than you want to know!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Saw 2 at dealer today

Nice color!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats, Kim!

I saw my first Havasu Blue 'X this morning when I dropped off my 'X for it's 7500 service. It sure looked much nicer in person than the pics I've seen posted on the 'net.

Of course I had sticker shock upon closer inspection. $39,300 MSRP was up to $46,510! Yikes..........:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a happy camper

I have my truck and really like the color. It wasn't ready when we got there at 9:15 - we didn't get out of there until almost noon. We went through all the paperwork and books while we were waiting for them to finish. They gave us a few goodies: a model MDX, an MDX cup, a hat, rear splash guards (which I had already ordered from Tim - hope I can trade them) and two free oil changes. The salesman said they're no longer doing written evaluations - he said Acura would be calling me instead. Finally we went out to the car. It was spotless. We went through all the buttons and lights and gadgets. Then I was off!! I've only gotten to put about 20 miles on it (it had 5 when I picked it up) - too many things going on today. I did get to use the navigation system to go to an appt and it worked perfectly.

No pictures yet but I will post some soon. I think I need to run some errands . . . I'm sure I can find something I need out!

Off to drive,

Kim

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Now see here KAC ...

... you must change that out-of-date-signature of yours:D

Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Now see here KAC ...

msu79gt82 said:
... you must change that out-of-date-signature of yours:D

Congratulations and enjoy.
How right you are!!! How's this:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: You know what, Kim?....

'X MOM said:
You will remain this excited!!!!:D I think you are definately competition for me in the excitement level over the delivery of this car (no, truck; no, car; no, truck...which is it??)!;)
My husband thinks I've been silly during the almost 8 month wait - he seems to have forgotten how he was during his wait which was only 3 months. I haven't gotten many miles on it but this truck is great!!:D.:D.:D

My 2 1/2 year old says, "Mama, you twuck pitty!" (mama, your truck is pretty), so I'm going with truck. It never pays to argue with a 2 year old.

Kim

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Kim, now you look like a real owner ...

... but my previous post makes no sense now;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
WOW, 8 months! Thats allmost like a,,,,,,,,, pregnancy. And now you have a new BABY. Congrats and happy MDXing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts