Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 'X has finally arrived. It took that long because we ordered through dealer #1 (Acura of Boston), but when the car arrived two months later we backed out for many reasons ... rude dealer, forced accessories, very low trade, accessories at 2.5 times msrp, etc.

Started over with dealer #2 (Sunnyside Acura) and waited just under 5 months. This experience was much better. Friendly and willing to work with us.

We are not a diy household :eek: so we purchased all accessories through them. They also painted the color matched accessories (better price than Tim for painting). They also matched Tim's prices for the interior accessories and installed for free.

The 'X is an SS Touring.

Exterior accessories: Color matched fender flares, mud guards and tailgate deflector. Monroof visor. Side Steps. Full size spare.

Interior accessories: Wood meter panel, cargo cover, cargo tray, cargo net, separation net and floor mats.

I will attempt to attach photos.

I'm glad I finally have my own 'X :2: . Everything seem to be in working order and no unusual noises detected :D

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more ...

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Enjoy

Nice looking X. Enjoy the ride.
I especially like the color.:4:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Very nice.

I love all the matched paint accessories. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats Ms Mdx! I just got mine a few days ago too, we should both celebrate! I love your accessories....making me drool to add more to mine! Isn't this car FUN to drive?
lilypad:2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Is 7 Months Wait The Record?

I wonder if you hold the record on this site for the longest wait?

From the looks of your rig I'm sure it's been worth the wait.

Nice job on the Color Matched Accessories

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats Ms. MDX (u 2 lilypad!) on your X's. I like the look of the fender flares painted. Make sure you change your signature. Your not waiting anymore:D............ENJOY :4:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lrpba300,

Done ... signature updated :D

This is a quiet week, so the 'X isn't getting out much :(
Will be going to visit family out of state next week and will add 600+ miles :2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats! We're still exploring ours as we've had it just about 2 weeks now...have fun!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great (said in Tony the Tigers voice)

I concur with octavian - thanks for keeping us updated - the pictures and X turned out great. Keeps those of us without the X that much more motivated to get one!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats!

Congrats on the new ride...love all the accessories on the car...especially the color!:p

kev

·
Registered
53 Posts
Better get those BSM's - don't want to get a surprise in the parking lot!

·
Registered
715 Posts
juvee....I just noticed your post....you have waited TWO YEARS for your MDX??? That HAS to be a record. Was it 2 years hoping and wishing or 2 years with a deposit down waiting for your X to come in?

If the latter, I salute your perseverance and patience. :6: No wonder you want to protect your investment!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
painted mud guards

I luv your guards being matched to the rest of the car. Are they the rubber ones ( can they be painted?) or are they special order?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for your nice comments :2:

When I first started looking at the 'X I liked the look of the flares, but not the fact that they they came in only one color. I never thought of getting them painted ... untill I found this site and got all these great ideas from everyone.

rbuie,
The mudguards are the oem ones that have been painted. An additive needs to be added to make sure that the paint job will last. I'm no expert, but would assume that any good/reputable body shop would be aware of this. Mine were done by the dealer's body shop. (Do a search for more info on painting)

juvee,
You had to bring up the BSMs :rolleyes: . I just could not decide on this item. I know it will prevent some dings, but it breaks up the lines of the 'X. The dealer had it on my list of accessories and I had them cancel it a few days before the 'X came in. I like the look without ...

Leaving for an out of state family visit tomorrow, so I will get several hours behind the wheel :2: :2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts