Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, my X is here! After all the waiting, I finally can say that I am the proud new owner of a 2003 SS MDX (cdn model). I Thought this day would never come. The wife and I immediately packed the kid, some dvd's, some cd's and then took a nice long drive down to Niagra Falls. Had dinner there, took in the sights, and then drove home. We logged over 700 kilometers so far. And let me tell you, I am in love! Everyone was right. This is by far the most practical, and as far as I am concerned, a beautiful SUV. Thanks to everyone here for there input, and support. Kid loves the res. The back up sensor is well worth it. It makes backing into our garage so much more easier. Now, I just gotta work on getting the Husky cargo tray, and tinting the windows.
By the way, the Husky allweather floor mats fit perfectly, and even covers the so called left driver's foot rest. When I get a digital camera, I will post some pics! Again, thanks everyone! :7:

2003 SS MDX (cdn model) - res,backup sensor,cargo net,Husky all weather floor mats :2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. For those of you who have followed my problem (I was suppose to take delivery of the X well before Christmas), I just want to let you know, for all the grief the dealer put me through, they gave me an Acura key chain! Unbelievable!:3:

Love my 2003 SS MDX :2:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Congrats~~~~ :D

Waiting to see the photos.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Congratulations Hammer! Looks like you broke it in right!

Now that the X is your baby, you can forget all that dealer stuff you went though - it will soon be ancient history.

You should see if you can get him to give you the pen though. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
How did you get RES in Toronto?
What dealer did you buy from?
Where did you get the mats?
Did you buy an extended warranty? If so, how much?

I'm also in Toronto, and my MDX should be here around Jan. 20th.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(ablatt) The res is not a factory option, but dealer installed. A flip down Audiovox 7 unch widescreen with built in DVD player. I bought from Sterne Acura in Aurora. The floor mats were bought from Van and Truck work in Aurora, but they have several stores in the GTA. And no I didn't buy an extended warranty.
Markham Acura would be a better dealer.

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,Husky all weather floor mats

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two sets of keys and they only give you 1 key ring! I guess luxury cars (Acura) have room for improvement. I had to dig out my old Toyota key chain for my other set of keys.

·
Registered
64 Posts
:)
great hammerX, i feel left out now :( hehe

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did you get mats for the 3rd row too?
What did you pay for the RES in CDN dollars? About $2,500?

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
hammerx,

Congrats, I'm happy for you that the long wait is over!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures, maybe the dealer should buy you a digital camera for all he put you through!:2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(ablatt) - I didn't get all weather floor mats for third row - won't use the third row seats too often.
Paid 2250 for the res. And it's well worth the money.
Audiovox VOD705DLP 7 inch drop down LCD with built in DVD player. Comes with two wireless headphones, and a three year warranty.

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,Husky all weather floor mats :2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey hammerx

that's exactly the same model dvd player i got! :D

the husky cargo liners also works great. same one i have.

show us some pics if you get a chance and enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Congratulations hammerX

Now you can take a breath... I look forward to the pics...:4:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats hammerx. Looking forward to thiose pics....

(Great color BTW :29: )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Keychains....

You guys need to talk to your dealers, I got two keychains, the day I took delivery both sets were already on them and waiting! Also got all weather mats and wheel locks added at no cost for my four month wait which was headache free, really! Truly, that is small stuff compared to vehicle which continues to amaze me, just over 500 miles and still in awe, learning navi is a treat!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome HammerX.

You'll love silver. Both of my partners have MDX (One Silver, One Black) Both are gorgeous.

Congrats to a fellow Toronto-ite!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts