Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2002 Havasu Blue MDX Touring with BSM and rear mud flaps on Saturday....What a wonderful car! Drives like a dream. Though I've found a few, very small, criticisms (placement of cruise control "on" button and blind spots), I JUST LOVE MY NEW BABY! Thanks so much to all of you on this board for a wealth of advice and information. BTW, the color looks great!

lilypad:D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
Congrats Lily... :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Congrats Lilypad!

I don't mind the Cruise Control On button position - I turned it on once, it's been on ever since!

Much better than my Outback, which turns CC off each time I stop...

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
lilypad said:
Picked up my 2002 Havasu Blue MDX Touring with BSM and rear mud flaps on Saturday....What a wonderful car! Drives like a dream. Though I've found a few, very small, criticisms (placement of cruise control "on" button and blind spots), I JUST LOVE MY NEW BABY! Thanks so much to all of you on this board for a wealth of advice and information. BTW, the color looks great!

lilypad:D
Checkout the Autobahn mirror for those blindspots! Works great!
As time goes on you will have more minor quibbles, but in general will find more things you like about your new MDX than things you would prefer changed.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
pictures?

Congrats - show us your new baby! I really haven't seen to many pictures of the Havasu Blue on the site - do some of that show n tell!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Congrats

Ordered my Silver MDX in March, still have to wait until the end of July.

Only comes one way in Canada, that is loaded, but with no Nav.

Alot of dealer installed options.

Add taxes and extended warranty and your looking at 65K CDN.

Cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATS....

everyone!! ghost, didn't think about just leaving the c/c button on all the time, guess that would be ok to do huh? Thanks for the tip!

Dale, by the 'autobahn mirror" do you mean the side mirrors? I'm trying to adjust to their size (like not sideswiping spouse's truck
or garage door while trying to park it)! I'm used to driving much smaller cars, so the X will take some time to adjust to I guess.
But I agree with you already re: many more things I like about it than would want changed!

MDXtheFixx, I'll try to post some pics this weekend maybe. I just got a digital camera...not sure how to work it yet! There are some havasu blue pix posted in the gallery tho. I have to say I still think it looks different in person. The color changes depending on the lighting...sometimes it just looks silver, sometimes like a very pale robins' egg blue, sometimes a bit like seafoam green....but all very subtle.

Thanks again, all!

lilypad

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
http://www.properautocare.com/autobahnmirror.html

I think Marne and I are the only ones that have this little gem installed on our MDXs.
You can adjust your left side view mirror to reduce any blind spot, but what remains this device will find it.

At first I just thought of it as another gadget hanging on my vehicle, now I would never want to be with out it.
Installed correctly will give you a seamless view of that far lane as the car you thought was gone moves from your left side mirror and now appears in the little autobahn mirror.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dale! That looks pretty neat! Can you use it on your passenger side too??

lilypad

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It's quite small, I doubt you could see very much. Besides you would be swinging your head back and forth.

You mount it so the top of it is aligned with the top of the side view mirror. The pillar on the MDX is quite deep so you will see it in the top part of the image in the mirror. But even at that, it is just close enough to your field of view to catch a car
in motion as it passes your blind spot.

You will be driving along notice a car in far lane in your side mirror, and a second later see it in the Autobahn mirror, but now that car is almost beside you. The first time that happens you realize the benefit. You are thinking "oh, if I didn' t have that little mirror that car would have been on top of me before I noticed, and what if I was just thinking of moving into that lane...!"
They do sell little stick on maginfying mirrors that work simillarly but they take up more area on your side mirror.
Plus they wont give you that seamless transition from one mirror to the next.
It's quite small in the lower left corner of the generous MDX windshield. But apparently it's also very popular on sports cars and motorcycles. I think it was originally designed for motorcycles.
Know you know as much as me, and for $20.....

·
Registered
619 Posts
GCK said:
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride.
uhh, that's Nissan's cliche phrase.:D

Us, Honda/Acura owners prefer to say--- Precision Crafted Performance!:cool:

btw, congrats on the new ride lilypad!

Luvr

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that info Dale!! I think I just may order it! LOL MDXluvr! and I LUV my MDX too!
lilypad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I posted pix of my Havasu Blue....

MDXtheFix and anyone else who is interested! I posted pix of my new MDX under the Gallery thread. :4:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: I posted pix of my Havasu Blue....

lilypad said:
MDXtheFix and anyone else who is interested! I posted pix of my new MDX under the Gallery thread. :4:
Welcome aboard to our site, your new baby is beautiful. Best of luck with it. Any questions or comments are greatly appreciated by all of us. Were a team and we stick together here, if you should have an issue on the MDX don't hesititate to ask us. You can see some pic's of mine on the signature post below.

P.S.- Look into getting a product called Zaino wax and polish it is amazing.
Here's the link:
http://www.zainobros.com/

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Autobahn Mirror location

DaleB said:
It's quite small, I doubt you could see very much. Besides you would be swinging your head back and forth.

You mount it so the top of it is aligned with the top of the side view mirror. The pillar on the MDX is quite deep so you will see it in the top part of the image in the mirror. But even at that, it is just close enough to your field of view to catch a car
in motion as it passes your blind spot.
Dale, I bought one of these. I haven't stuck it to the window yet `cause I can't exactly figure out where :confused:
I understand the top is supposed to be aligned with the outside mirror. I've had someone else hold it there and I tried to adjust it, but it didn't feel right. Could you please post a photo of Yours? Thanx!

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another solution: I keep my outside mirrors adjusted more outward than usual. As a vehicle leaves my view in the inside mirror, they are just appearing in my outside mirrror and as they leave my view in the outside mirror, they appear in my peripheral vision in my side window. This approach virtually eliminates blind spots (works on passenger side in like fashion). Yes, you do sacrifice some rearward assistance while backing up, but since the largest percentage of our driving is in forward gears, this works best for me. It took a few days to acclimate myself to this method, but I would never consider the more traditional mirror settings again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts