Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..Acura integrate a program on trip computer/Navi so you can enter your maintenance record and other trips for service. And reminders if scheduled maintenance is up? It sure beats the maintenance light in the dashboard.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sounds nice!

That would be convenient. Unfortunately, it would probably be stored in the same area as the trip history, so it would get magically erased every once in a while (nice bug! :( ).

It would be nice to be able to download the history data... It won't be long before cars have that kind of capability, wirelessly communicating with your cell phone, PDA, etc.

Maybe it could even dial 911 when you go 25 over the speed limit. :13:

·
Registered
88 Posts
...or dial a phone number for you

i guess everyone would agree it would be good to have Navi dial a phone number for you from the same screen you select "build directions". i'm wondering if anyone would try to hack the computer to include this possibility :rolleyes:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Both are good ideas. How about getting rid of the warning screen some have commented on and replace it with the Navi's voice saying, "Please do not program the navi while driving."

·
Registered
88 Posts
as for me, that start screen is OK. it's not a problem. some other cars do not allow you to enter anything while driving :(

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
luckymichael said:
as for me, that start screen is OK. it's not a problem. some other cars do not allow you to enter anything while driving :(
e.g. RX300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts